cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome reporting dropbox as an incompatible application

Chrome reporting dropbox as an incompatible application

alarson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Receiving this error from chrome whenever i open chrome:

chromedropbox.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks ( @office11 & @chriscsullivan)!

Thanks for reporting this problem here. Without you, other customers could've experienced the same issue. 

I have already relayed all the details of your problem to our engineering team. From this point onwards, they’ll evaluate the problem and work toward a solution.

I can’t say exactly how long this will take, however, I’ll keep a close watch on the team’s progress and I will let you know more info as soon as I have an update.

Thanks for your diligence and patience in regards to this matter and enjoy the rest of your day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

47 Replies 47

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Tried updating it as it says?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

alarson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yep, didn't fix it. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @alarson!

Thanks for confirming that you’ve updated the app with @Mark, much appreciated! Due to account-specific and sensitive info that’s required to troubleshoot, I’d recommend we move this discussion to email. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Could you please check your inbox for my latest message?

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

IainZ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've having the same problem. Please advise 😉

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You are going to need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and then track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Note that replies will take at least a few days.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

IainZ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
That seems rather unhelpful given exactly the same issue has already been raised by somebody else. And if others are having or are going to have the same issue then there will be multiple tickets raised for the same problem.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Yes there will be multiple tickets but Dropbox links them all together. Remember this is mainly a user supported forum so unless people report things in nobody can do anything about it.

You could of course wait to see if a Dropbox agent comes along next week, but, all they will do is open a ticket on your behalf as they are not part of the engineering team.

Ultimately the choice is yours, however.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @IainZ

Just to ensure a few basic steps, have you updated your browser by any chance? How about switching to another browser or using incognito? Also, make sure that you’re not running any extensions

For further troubleshooting purposes though, as @Mark said, a ticket submission would be required due to sensitive and account-specific info that may be needed. However, I could also contact you via email to the email address associated with your Forum profile if that’s more preferable. 

Let me know if any of the above help and if not, how you’d like to proceed. Thanks! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DarkRothaus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem on my end. Started happening around a week ago.

Didn't notice that anything that actually has issues - it's just Chrome complaining that DropBox is not compatible.

Since both apps update automatically, hard to trace which update caused the issue but one of the two certainly did.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JulioA New member | Level 2
    DraganMol New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    chriscsullivan New member | Level 2
    office11 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?