cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OSX doesn't save screenshots to Dropbox anymore

OSX doesn't save screenshots to Dropbox anymore

vinzlj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey, 

I got a brand new MacbookPro and although I activated the Share screenshots via Dropbox option in the Import tab, screenshots are still saved under my Mac's Documents folder. 

Here's my config :

- Dropbox v26.4.24

- OSX 10.12.5 

Btw I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, didn't work either.
But I didn't remove the app settings (I'm not sure where they are located) and if it's relevant in this case. 

Any idea ? 

Thanks,

Vincent

22 Replies 22

vinzlj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey, 

I'll have a look as soon as I can.

Can't think of anything taking over the screenshot functionality but I'll check it out, thanks! 

Regards,

Vincent

Branden W.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OK just to be clear, gear icon is there for me. I can uncheck and recheck the bit with the screenshots, but Dropbox for Mac has stopped moving screenshots to its designated folder.

Online B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sorry but both happens at the same moment. So I gues they are related. My guess is that one kills the other. Thank you.

skalf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What I have understood is that it stopped working for me AFTER I selected a different method (Window instead of Selected Portion) and Clipboard on the touchbar of a 2016 model. So is there a solution to the problem?

I tried to uncheck and recheck the option in Dropbox application with no luck!

DreClark
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue, have tried all of the steps above and still no luck.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @DreClark, I’m assuming that you’re referring back to the steps I included in the first page of this conversation, is that right? Have you had a chance to check back on the tips Rich has included as well? If so, can you let us know of the results? 

Also, can you let me know whether you’re facing this issue across devices or it is specific to one computer? Please include as much detail as possible, so as to try to recreate the behavior on my end. 

Thanks for posting us your inquiry on this discussion & I’ll be awaiting your next post! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem with Mojave. No screenshots going to Dropbox anymore.  Did the uncheck/check solution in the preferences but no help.  Any more suggestions, I need this feature.  Screenshots not appearing anywhere!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@ae1m), I’m wondering if you’re facing the same issue as the OP or a different one. A very quick pointer would be excluding the possibility of a syncing issue (i.e. I’m just saying so, as there was an update yesterday that maybe didn’t sync down to your Mac). Please make sure that you’re running the latest Stable version of the Dropbox application (64.4.141), you’ve made all OS updates & the app displays an Up-To-Date message on your menu bar

If you’ve done any initial troubleshooting on your end, please do keep me updated of the outcome, so as to further advise accordingly. Any detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful & thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me; rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

OK I found the problem.  Mojave has a new screenshot capability you get with SHIFT-COMMAND-5.  After typing SHIFT-COMMAND-5, select OPTIONS, then select "save to desktop" and then the Dropbox saving funtionality returned.

Bob

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, thanks for getting back in touch with us here to keep the thread updated on the progress Bob (@ae1m) I’ve made sure to accept your last reply as a Solution for posterity, as other users may experience the same concern.

I appreciate your contribution & it’ll be a pleasure to check back with you in the future in case you have any questions or you’d like to share your thoughts. Wishing you a lovely rest of your day ahead & take care until we talk again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?