cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Copy Dropbox link" from the drop down menu on Mac

Missing "Copy Dropbox link" from the drop down menu on Mac

RobM4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!

For years now I have used the right click - copy drop box link to allow people to download files from my dropbox. All of sudden in the past couple weeks that option is no longer available in that drop down mwnu. Drop Box app is running, and the app logo is present at the top of my desktop. I have unlinked and re-linked my computer. Running OS X El Capitan, Macbook Air.

Please help

Thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, Rob!

As a first step, could you please try relaunching Finder by using the following steps:
  • Save any files that you have open and close any apps.
  • Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen.
  • Click on force quit.
  • Relaunch the Finder.
If you’re still experiencing the same behavior, could you please try a reboot of your device? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know of any update!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, Rob!

As a first step, could you please try relaunching Finder by using the following steps:
  • Save any files that you have open and close any apps.
  • Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen.
  • Click on force quit.
  • Relaunch the Finder.
If you’re still experiencing the same behavior, could you please try a reboot of your device? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know of any update!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RobM4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yowza!!! That worked! Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hooray! 🧙‍:male_sign: Happy to have helped, @RobM4.

If you have any other questions in the future, you know where to find us. Have a great day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

rbrichard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem -- the "copy Dropbox" link does not show up when right clicking a folder.  I have closed everything and restarted the computer.  Not fixed.

I am running Windows 10 on a new Lenovo P52 PC.

Help please!

Richard

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, Richard. 

Since you’ve already tried a device reboot and a Finder relaunch, could you also ensure that your desktop app is running by locating the Dropbox icon next to your computer’s clock? 

If you don’t see it, it means that the desktop app isn’t running, so please try finding the Dropbox app from your start/applications menu and manually re-launch it. 

If you do see it, could you please let me know what it reads and send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what it shows when you click on it?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

pickles-n-milk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On a Mac, your Dropbox extension might be turned off.  To turn it on, go to System Preferences and choose Extensions > Finder Extension. Under Dropbox check the box labeled Finder Extensions and you should be set. 

goddos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, 

I have the same issue, ive jsut update a to a new macbook pro running on mojava, used to be able to right click on the finder folder to create or share a drop box link now i cant. i've made sure the software (mac & dorpbox) are up to date. ive reset my computer, i've got enable finder intergartion ticked. finder extensions is ticked. 

can you help? i miss this feature so much! 

Cheers

Kane 

goddos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm not able to create a dropbox link in finder via right click. I've just updates a to a new macbook pro running on mojava, I used to be able to right click on the finder folder to create or share a drop box link now i cant. i've made sure the software (mac & dropbox) are up to date. ive reset my computer, i've got enable finder intergartion ticked & finder extensions is ticked. 

Would be greatful for some help as i miss this feature so much! 

Cheers

Kane 

goddos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

this has been solved, i deleted & re-installed dropbox however it didnt delete all folders. I've since manually deleted all folders & re-installed which has resolved the issue. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mrzvld New member | Level 2
    fu17 New member | Level 2
    Sailor dave New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    mmhull New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?