cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error 0x80096010 while installing

Error 0x80096010 while installing on Windows Insider Build 1903

kishan_raval
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i am having problem while installing dropbox on a new pc with error code 0x80096010, please help me asap, thanks in advance

28 Replies 28

MauveGuava
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem

PocketSquare
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey Dropbox community! 

I've recently "refreshed" my Win-10 x64 machine (reinstalled Windows, did not delete files), and can no longer install Dropbox.

Attempting to use either the full installation or web installer packages results in the same error: 

"Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x80096010"

I've tried the usual remedies: scrubbed hard drive of any trace of Dropbox, deleted registry files, etc. No dice. 

Any help is more than greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Ron2S
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think that Dropbox support should try to install the Windows Insider build for 19H1 (1903).  This could be something that you need to get a head start on if Microsoft has done something in the next release that somehow prevents Dropbox from installing.  I think it would be better if you knew about what is causing this now rather than the day after Microsoft starts pushing out the next release and Dropbox stops working.

There is something that calls itself Dropbox in the Microsoft Store which says that this app will not sync your dropbox files to the dropbox folder and you won't be able to have any access to the Dropbox files outside that App.  That statement really scared me when I read it.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Ron, if you’re referring to this app, then that is an official Dropbox app, which works like the mobile app.

This means there isn’t a Dropbox folder, and instead allows you to preview files on your account without any live syncing. If you want to upload files, you need to do it manually in that app.

This is an option for people who don’t want files to download to your machine, or for Windows S users who can’t install non-Microsoft store apps, and is an alternative to using the Dropbox site.

Regarding the message everyone is getting, I’ve already advised the dev team about this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ComicBookGuy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Don't mark this as solved, it clearly isn't!

rrsimon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Had to go back to 1809  :disappointed_relieved:

MauveGuava
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The new Insider build 18334.19h1_release seems to have fixed the issue, I've succesfully installed Dropbox and it's working

Jim_Di
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

after updating to 18334.1 dropbox installer was working fine

julio_c_k
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thats work for me:

Right click on DropboxInstaller - Compatibility - Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Then i clicked in Test Program two times and the installation works.

Probably it run as compatibility mode to Windows 7.

I hope that tip help you.

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Need more support?