cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I resend the invitation to a shared folder (non business account)

How do I resend the invitation to a shared folder (non business account)

Charlie S.1
New member | Level 2

If I search in the forum or on google for "how to resend a dropbox invitation to a shared folder" I find an answer for business accounts, but I just have a normal individual pro account. I shared a folder with about 10 people months ago. 4 joined, and 6 didn't. How do I resend the invite to the 6 people so that I am sure they have a recent invite in their email inbox?

19 Replies 19

jesget444
Explorer | Level 4

"there's no reason to re-invite someone that's already a member."

That's where you're very wrong. I put extensive instructions in the message and they say they never received an invite. Now, how do I go back to the message to retrieve the instructions - I can't - a complete waste of my time....useless and unbelievably bad UX. 

Dennis W.11
New member | Level 2

How does one "make a link and send by email"?  When I shared folder with myself I see link to open Dropbox files, but when I copy and paste link into an email to person to share with, it is not active.  So when the address/link is pasted into browser it takes me to Dropbox websites, but not the folder I want to share.

Any ideas??
Thanks.

jesget444
Explorer | Level 4

I presume you could just copy the URL of the folder and send it to yourself or anyone else who has already been given permission to that folder.

thebends
New member | Level 2

What if the invitee inadvertantly deletes the original invitation?

@Rich wrote:

That's why there's the Sharing page, so you can see and access everything that has been shared with you.

Also, inviatations don't work like they did previously. Before, when you invited someone to a shared folder, they had to accept the invitation before they were a member. Now, as soon as you invite someone they have access. They can add and remove the folder from their Dropbox at will, without ever changing their membership status within the share. Because of this, there's no reason to re-invite someone that's already a member. They already have access. Only when they leave the share, removing their access completely, would you be able to re-invite someone.

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey all,  

Thanks for posting about shared folder invites, it'll be a pleasure to follow-up on this query! 

Based on a couple of tests I ran, I could see that someone could infinitely re-invite members to a shared folder (even though the user may have already added the folder on his/ her account). The recipient will receive equivalent invites on their email inbox, though only one notification on their Dropbox account online.  

If you need further details, just let me know here. 

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

sandorh
New member | Level 2

jesget444 : you are right. This is a living problem.

Niels C.
Explorer | Level 3
Has this issue been sorted?

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey there (@Niels C.), thanks for the nudge! As this discussion is rather outdated (& just in order to determine the best course of action for you moving forward), could you explain what seems to be troubling you in a bit more detail, in order to ensure that I’m following-up on the right thing? Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting to hearing back from you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Ann W.6
Helpful | Level 5

Jane, thank you for looking into this.  I shared a folder with my sister who is not yet a Dropbox user.  She did not receive the original invite (maybe it went to junk - maybe it was inadvertently deleted.) 

I want to be able to resend the invite now that she is looking for it. We can't find any way to do this in Pro accounts.  Does it exist?

Ann

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey Ann (@Ann W.6), this shouldn’t be an issue, as you could remove her access from the share in question & re-invite her anew. If she still doesn’t receive the invite, maybe our emails are filtered in her inbox, so you could advise her to check her Spam folder & add "no-reply@dropbox.com" to her address book. 

You may give my suggestion a go whenever you find some spare time & please do let me know how you get on with that on this conversation here. Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?