cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Jpasotto
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I am exactly experiencing the same problem.

For months I’ve been marking as favorites mainly box.com and OneDrive folders, which were persistent in the IOS files app. Now that I’m more focused on my personal dropbox folder, I found that I can’t store any frequently used folder in the favourites.

Please let me know if there is a solution on the cases reported above.

Jan

Jpasotto
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I just tried the solution from this apple discussion, and so far it has worked...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8630592

sjm88
Helpful | Level 6

I have this exact same issue—and it’s been an issue for *years*. It has never been fixed. I am honestly considering moving to a new cloud provider it is *that* frustrating...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @sjm88!

Could you please provide some additional info as per the behavior that you’re experiencing? Are folders only from your Dropbox account marked in the Files app disappearing? Are you getting any errors? Have you also tried what @Jpasotto mentions in their post above?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sjm88
Helpful | Level 6

It is exactly the reported issue. Dropbox, and only dropbox, is incapable of retaining “favourited” folders in the iOS Files app. Any folder that is favourited will at some point subsequently disappear, often before my very eyes. 

I have tried the suggested “fix”—entirely removing Dropbox from the app, re-adding it and then trying again. This sometimes works, for a limited time. I just tried it five minutes ago and it did not.

Can you confirm you actually understand the issue that has now been reported, clearly and succintly, multiple times? I am so sick of this, it makes working with dropbox on the iPad manifestly harder than almost any other cloud service.

Is there a fix!?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi @sjm88,

I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m afraid there’s not much to troubleshoot for as this is primarily how the Files app holds and previews folders and files. Nonetheless, I'd recommend directly contacting our Support team for a more in-depth look on this matter.

Thanks in advance once again!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sjm88
Helpful | Level 6
I am well aware of the distinction between the Files app and Dropbox itself—but no other cloud providers I have ever used (eg OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive) have ever had any such issues. I just had to completely uninstall the Dropbox app, and reinstall it, because files were simply not showing up in Files app.

The only response from Dropbox seems to be: “it’s not our problem”. It is your problem—it relates to your service, as it integrates into the iOS platform. It’s a horrid experience, and I don’t understand the attitude...

Chfilm
Helpful | Level 5

Im having the same issue!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @Chfilm, sorry to hear that. 

Could you please try the following and let me know what you find?
  1. Open the Files app.
  2. Tap Locations > Edit.
  3. Turn Dropbox off. 
  4. Restart your device. 
  5. Once your iPad is back to the Home screen, turn Dropbox back on in the Files app.
In the meantime, could you also let me know if you were able to get in touch with our Support team so as to have a more in-depth look on this? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

sjm88
Helpful | Level 6
I have done this countless times. It works for a while (between five minutes and a few hours) before going right back. It is ONLY Dropbox that does this. It needed a fix years ago—I’ve mostly just loved to OneDrive now for managing files on iOS. No such issues.
Need more support?