cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm still seeing comments on this issue, but I'm just the customer who started the thread a while back. My issues are all resolved, and I do own Windows 365 on all my devices, so it's not a problem for me.

david k.129
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Please put this in a different thread regarding licensing.

archmix
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Understood. But this is a factor of what cloud product I choose to use. Why do I now receive the same sign in requirement for my iPhone?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@archmix wrote:

Let’s put out an official statement (on your website, not in the forum section) and stop the lack of transparency of fees I have to pay to use apps that are already on my device.

The statement already exists, and has existed since the feature was released.

Do I need a special license to edit my Dropbox files in an Office Online application?

If you have a Dropbox Basic or Plus account, you will not need a Microsoft account or Office license to edit your files.

If you have a Dropbox Business account, you will need an enterprise Microsoft account with a license that allows editing in Office Online (Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, ProPlus, E1, E3, E4, or E5).

Additionally, if you're using a tablet larger than 10", Microsoft requires that you have an O365 license to use Office applications. 

And remember that the licensing restrictions are put in place by Microsoft, and not Dropbox.

Need more support?