cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Since installing MacOS Mojave, the automatic Dropbox copying of a screenshot link into the clipboard has stopped working. (Mojave has it's own new screenshot functionality which seems to be interferring with this feature on Dropbox.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

53 Replies 53

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved, @sjm2!

As per your query, @Le_Toti, although this is a shot in the dark, you might be able to save screencasts automatically to your Dropbox folder through your OS’s settings, by pressing Command and Alt, and selecting Saving as, where the location would be the Dropbox folder (bear in mind though that the desktop app would have to be running)

In any case though, I’d recommend either browsing the internet on this or contacting Apple Support for more specific info on this. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Le_Toti
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That would not automatically generate the link though.

The Dropbox desktop app monitors the desktop folder for any file starting with "Screenshot" and copies those to the screenshot folder and generates the link and puts it in the clipboard.

With the new recording feature in MacOS Mojave the Dropbox app should do the same for files starting with "Screen Recording".

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply, @Le_Toti. Due to this being associated with screenshots at the moment, I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

unclewinno
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Running

defaults write com.apple.screencapture name "Screenshot"

in terminal will fix your problem.

Le_Toti
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That does indeed change the filename, but the Dropbox desktop app still does not pick it up and move it to the Dropbox screenshot folder and create the link.

Digineff
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But there is an additional problem, when you are using different language version of MacOs. I use Czech language version and my screenshot is called - "Snímek obrazovky date.png" And because Dropbox is looking for "Screenshot....", I never get from Dropbox an URL link to clipboard, like before (before MacOs Mohave). I wonder why it takes so long to Dropbox to repair this Mohave incompatibility...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Digineff

Could you please confirm the following for me:
  1. Is the desktop app running on your computer? If so, could you please let me know what the Dropbox icon shows when you hover over it?
  2. Have you toggled the option to save screenshots on your Dropbox folder?
  3. Have you also ensured that you’ve set the screencapture setting to Save to Desktop?
If you’re still having trouble with this nonetheless, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Digineff
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ad 1) yes, desktop app si running on computer. When I hoover over Dropbox icon, there is shown "69.4.102, up to date"

Ad 2) yes, see link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osgd634z8vwr2k3/Sn%C3%ADmek%20obrazovky%202019-03-21%20v%C2%A014.57.09.png...

Ad 3) sure, see the ling below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnquffeaocd9f77/IMG_0997.jpg?dl=0

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Digineff

I’ve made sure to follow up to the email address associated with your Community profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

neonox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This problem exists in macOS Catalina and no fix helped so far 😞
Need more support?