cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 69.4.102

Stable Build 69.4.102

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

samertm
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox, and sorry for posting the release notes so late!  Here are the user-visible changes in v69:

v69 release notes:
  • Limit the frequency of the notification to prompt “sync first”
  • Removed sync time estimates, but they're being added back in v73 thanks to user feedback 🙂
  • Minor stability improvements and bug fixes

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ngoclb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Does this version support to linking both Personal and Bussiness account like Windows version? 

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ngoclb ! Yes, it should definitely support linking both accounts. If something isn't working correctly, please let us know.

Grant H.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As of this build, my app no longer says how long it will take for the file upload to be completed. Was this feature removed from the latest version? It's very helpful for large bulk uploads and has proven to be quite accurate. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zavd68m3ihtwqhf/dropbox%20screen.png?dl=0

Win7

ngoclb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @nikhilm, My Dropbox on Linux did not show message to link both Account. It seems this function did not working on Linux .

scwu
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Great question @Grant H.5 ! We decided to drop the time estimates for the time being because of concerns around accuracy. BUT there are still ways to tell how much your progress your files have made syncing! You should be able to see a progress bar above the status that visually shows you how far your files are from being done.

Thank you for the feedback, and we'll definitely take into consideration as we decide on our next steps. 🙂 

Grant H.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Man, I love me some Dropbox, but that is a huge dissappointment. I'm no longer able to leave batches of assets uploading, send people notes with estimates (plus half an hour or so), and simply walk away. That is a huge convenience for the people I send files to as well. 

Were those concerns "internal" or were there actually concerns by users? It seems like the response of the removal would cause more complaints.

Where is this progress bar you speak of? Here is what I see in addition to the note on mouseover. I don't see a bar. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xhuwybv698gizb/dropboxscreen%202.jpg?dl=0

Does your system give the option to revert to a previous version of the software?

scwu
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Grant H.5,

Thank you for your great feedback.

I'm excited to give you an update on time estimates in the progress bar! We were testing whether replacing the time estimates with the light blue progress bar would sufficiently solve the need for knowing the status of files. Based on your feedback (and many others), we've concluded that that's not the case. We'll be bringing time estimates shortly (likely the next build)! I'll update this thread when we confirm that.

Grant H.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Wow thank you for the followup! That is very exciting and useful! Keep up the great work.

scwu
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Grant H.5 Great to hear that you're excited! The time estimates should return in the next beta version (v73). Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

societyit New member | Level 2
    samertm Dropbox Staff
    Yagami Helpful | Level 6
    scwu Dropbox Staff
    Grant H.5 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?