cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share links don't work on Android

Share links don't work on Android

aprilafternoon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For a while now, I've been sharing Dropbox documents in PDF format via email. Once in a while people tell me they "can't open the links." I always just assumed they didn't know what they were doing, but today I happened to test one of these links on an Android phone.

In the Gmail app on Android, clicking on a Dropbox link in this format:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8fpocz6tykra0o/20190204.pdf?dl=0

gives the error,

Cannot display PDF (20190204.pdf is of invalid format)

Anyone know how to get this to work on Android?

26 Replies 26

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @LesliePiper and @korogorov

Since each individual case reported here needs to be looked at more in-depth and account-specific info is required, troubleshooting can’t continue on this thread as it’s a public platform. 

As such, I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profiles. If you have any further queries regarding this, please don’t hesitate to get back to me via email. 

Thanks! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TrevorNemanic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Lusil, can you please help me get to a solution with this problem too? 

aprilafternoon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

If anyone has received private help from this thread that has resolved their issue and wants to report back here what general steps were taken, that might be helpful.

andreich
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just support it only in my own application. By click on link I open web browser. I don't know any other solution. It should be fix by dropbox team

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, 

@andreich, thank you for letting us know what worked for you on this matter, awesome work!

@TrevorNemanic, I was able to locate your open communication and can see that it’s been reviewed by a specialized member of my team. Since they have access to our internal tools, they’ll be able to efficiently look into this for you and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

virtue
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have this issue too, but its music link. Those who have iphone it works. On any samung, example; Samsung note 9, Samsung Android, Samsung Galaxy, etc.. the link is clickable but when they tap the thick arrow icon to play, nothing. Today, I did it again but used someone else samething, all three are samsung phones. Any update, of what to do, or am i doing someting wrong? Thank you in advance

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @virtue, in general, this error message seems to be a generic error message related to a third party app. 

For this reason, I’d recommend attempting to opening the link with a mobile browser and, if you’re still having issues, you can always contact our Support team for a more in-depth look on the matter using our internal tools. 

Thanks in advance!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?