cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed (Feature Request)

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

DiogoWasTaken
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

You need some kind of progress tracking, for god's sake.

ElJayBronxNY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, everyone...I've been on this not quite since the beginning but since about Page 8 of this discussion.

I have also followed up with tech support via chat.

The latest there is from Geoff, an advanced-level person who contends that the issue is with later beta versions and that we should turn off the option to load the latest and greatest (under General tab in Settings, 

Geoff gave me a link to the recent stable version which I installed and my Dropbox promptly failed. I then re-contacted him and have yet to hear back. I consider that he abandoned this issue and me. I just paid for a year of Sync. I will be leaving Dropbox over this issue within the next few days, certainly before they get to bill me for another month. 

emmasmartacus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I spoke to tech support and they advised me that it was removed due to being an inaccurate estimate of time remaining. But that since I said an estimate was better than nothing, that they would bring this up in their meeting that afternoon. It was probably a ploy to placate me and fob me off, but I shall keep following up on my tech support case number. Squeaky wheel and all that...

lisaiannarino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I also spoke to a tech about the issue and got the same response: "I'll be sure to pass the feedback along to our engineering team." Just placating for sure as this has been their response for over a month now. very disappointing, I've also been a customer for years and hate that they've taken this route.

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I have cancelled my dropbox subscription.

They are not listening.

They are not responding.

It's just all so very uncool.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Keeks
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This features is important to me also. Not everybody is connected to fiber optics, not all your customers live in places with that kind of connections. That informations is vital when you are uploading, I have been uploading pictures and videos for 4 days now (my connections gives me 80k per second, a top of 6.5 gigs per day) and I don't have the minimum idea when it's going to finish. The blue bar is useless, it's just cosmetic, it depends on the number of files remaining but the problem is that the bigger files are the last uploaded (I like this behaibour) so it doesn't really matter if there is only one file remaining it could be the same size of 2000 of the previous files uploaded before, this could easily happen with pictures and videos. As you can read in this and previous posts it’s a vital feature. If you where having problems with people complaining because they don’t know what an estimated time is, well make it a turn on feature in preferences with a warning. Other option is to display size of the remaining files to be uploaded, with that info I can make an estimate.

Please focus in your main business i think is making the best syncing application with the best GUI and UX, other things are ok, but are not your main goal, and if I am wrong with your goal please let me know, I may be in the wrong place.

Just one more thing, I cannot avoid compare Dropbox to Boeing, you want to charge extra for premium features when they should be included. 

beersgood
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am in the same boat.  I switched to Dropbox years ago because they had the estimated time feature.  PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

pepe1967
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My free Google Drive account shows the estimate time left perfectly, why is it so hard for Dropbox to do the same?

G-Drive.JPG

rsilves
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is one of the main reasons why I loved Dropbox, now it's gone. I really hope they put it back. I also canceled my subscription because of this.

elsamsamy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Me too
Need more support?