cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unsubscribe Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store

Unsubscribe Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store

Zel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I subscribed for Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store. I only can unsubscribe from Google Play Store and not the 'Billing' or 'Plan' page as I did not sign up for trial through Dropbox. I need to unsuscribe in the next 48 hours but my Google Play Store subscription is empty, so I cannot find it to unsubscribe. Please help me, thank you!

22 Replies 22

Ped11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The account is the same  google and Dropbox. I have tried contacting google but it always makes me post a question on the community page and none is replying to it. I can’t find away to cancel it and I can’t really afford it 

Ped11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have you found a fix

@Myrt wrote:
I am having the same problem. My Dropbox subscription is not showing in Google play. I have contacted Google play and they do not see a Dropbox subscription. Is there a way to cancel Dropbox without going through Google

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Ped11

If you’ve ensured that you’re signed in to the same email address on your Google Play and your Dropbox account, could you try signing out and back in to your Google Play account? Maybe that will do the trick. 

In any case, let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Snakey1989
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am also having this issue.
Google cannot locate it attached to either of my emails. I have been charged for a months usage that I don't want, I don't even have Dropbox INSTALLED.
Please help!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Snakey1989

If you subscribed to a trial or purchased a Dropbox subscription through your phone, please check this article out for more info on canceling it.

If you’re still having trouble with this, please contact the relevant service provider - which should be Google Play, from what I understand. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Snakey1989
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED at this system.
I too have no subscription, and Google has declined any knowledge or wrong doing.
I have now been forced to pay for 3 months of this dratted program that I simply can not afford.
I need an answer, and soon. Please!!!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Snakey1989, sorry to hear that.

At first, please note that you can look up the email address and payment date associated with a charge with our credit card self-serve lookup tool:

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

If you're still having trouble with this and you subscribed to one of our plans through your mobile device, I'm afraid there's not much we can do from our end and you'll have to contact Google support for more info.

Nonetheless, if there's anything else I can help with or you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

maria mejia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to unsuscribe right know from this App.

and want my money back if there was a charge.

neversubscribeagain
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm getting the EXACT SAME RUN AROUND about this from BOTH Google Dropbox AND Google Play Store. So, I'm filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. In the mean time, all I can do is contact my credit card company, report my credit card stolen, and have them reissue a new card. That will at least stop Google from charging my card again. 

grow land
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How EXACTLY do we contact Google Play Store about this??

You sell thru this channel but can do NOTHING to help people that are double billed!!

Need more support?