cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Dropbox links using FTP server

Download Dropbox links using FTP server

Azim88
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I have many Dropbox links which I am downloading on a regular basis. However there are many links to downloads and If I sync those then it will take a lot of time because it syncs one file at a time.

Hence, is there a way to download Dropbox links using the FTP connection or server.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Azim88 wrote:

Hence,  is this something possible that I can save that link to my linked FTP account and can later download with the FTP server where I can get the multiple concurrent connections.

No. Dropbox does not support FTP access.

There are third-party applciations/services that can provide FTP access to your files, but they are not supported by Dropbox. Try a Google search.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Azim88, kindly note that this isn’t currently an available feature. While I’ve already made sure to note down your request in my report internally, I’m interested in how you wish to utilize this in your workflow. Please do let me know whenever you have some spare time. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Azim88
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your reply and basically I receive a lot of download link from the customer.

I use to download it from the web but it takes a lot of time because it is downloaded as zip and if I sync it then sync process is very slow.

Hence,  is this something possible that I can save that link to my linked FTP account and can later download with the FTP server where I can get the multiple concurrent connections.

Please suggest. Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Azim88 wrote:

No. Dropbox does not support FTP access.

There are third-party applciations/services that can provide FTP access to your files, but they are not supported by Dropbox. Try a Google search.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for your prompt reply @Azim88! At this point, I’d need to re-iterate Rich’s previous post, as this isn’t currently a supported configuration. While I’ve already made a note of your comments in my internal feedback report, I’m wondering if that’s a recent occurrence or merely a repetitive task that you’d like to automate somehow. 

It goes without saying that you can try a Google-search for the end result you have in mind, however please let me know if there’s a change in expected behavior & I’ll look into that with you in a bit more depth. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Azim88
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I have been facing a lot of issues while downloading from the shared Dropbox link and when I start any download using the browser, it starts well but gets fail after sometime.

Please see the link of screen grab ( https://prnt.sc/o1nml5).

I changed everything, like browser, multiple ISP's and different PC's but nothing helps.

Please guide what should I do. Thanks.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Azim88, thanks for taking the time to outline me what this looks like on your end; this has been very helpful! Just so as to see whether I’m seeing anything different when working on the same content, let me have a closer look through our Official Support channel. To get going with that, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email address connected to your Community profile. 

Whenever you have some spare time, please have a look at your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks again & I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Azim88
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I just replied on your email. Please suggest me further.

Thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Azim88, thanks for the nudge; I’ve forwarded your request to my colleagues & I can see that they’ve now replied back to you via email. Please include all relevant details on that email chain, as they can access your account specifics directly via this channel. I hope that this is helpful & I’m wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

FTp-india I.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Support,

I replied on the email but did not receive any update from them.

This is quite an urgent request and we really need some solution soon.

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    FTp-india I. Explorer | Level 3
    Azim88 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?