cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Docs + Safari - not working

Google Docs + Safari - not working

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to use Google Docs with Dropbox and I'm having issues with Safari.

I've created a doc, but when I go to edit it, Safari says:

"Google Sheets needs access

Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking here.

Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies."

So I click the "here" link to allow cookies, but then I get the following message:

"Cookie access failed

Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking here."

Clicking "here" in this case does nothing.

Using Chrome, everything works fine, but I'm stuck with these errors on Safari. There's no 3rd party cookies setting I can see in Safari settings either (I'm on 10.14.5).

Any clues as to how to get this working with Sarafi?
40 Replies 40

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @mstgrv,

Could you please try using a private window in Safari to see if the issue persists there too? This should rule out any browser extensions that may be interfering.

If this doesn’t seem to help resolve the issue, please try clearing your browser’s cache and trying to edit the Google sheet again.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SM15
New member | Level 2

I am having the same exact issue.

Using private window did not have any effect on the problem

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey @SM15,

Can you just let me know if clearing the browser cache helps to resolve the issue for you?

If not, please can you send me a screenshot of the error messages you see (excluding any personal info)? Also, can you let me know if you followed the steps to allow cookies linked in the option Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies.”?

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aabind
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem.

I made a gsheet in my company dropbox account (using chrome).
Then share it so other people could edit using the "link".

I can't open it in safari normal mode (the same message as above appear), so...

I tried the private mode and clear cache. 
Then, I tried to login using my personal dropbox account.... it doesn't work.

Still the same message...

I tried login in safari also using company dropbox account... it doesn't work.

Still the same message....

Why?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey @aabind,

Can you let me know if you've tried the steps I mentioned above?

If this doesn't help, can you just confirm for me that the email address associated with your Dropbox account is the same as the email address used for your Google account?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Willy_Warbucks
New member | Level 2

Can confirm. Not working for me on Safari 12.1.1

Same issue as above.

Same email used for both accounts.

Private mode has been tested.

Clearing cache has been tested.

Problem persists.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello there @Willy_Warbucks,

From the version of Safari that you mentioned, could you check to see if there are any pending updates to see if that will help with the issue you're having?

From what the OP quoted about the error they received, are you able to click the option to "Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies"? If so and you receive another error, would you mind sending along a screenshot of that (excluding any personal info)?

Finally, can you let me know if the issue persists when you're using another web browser or if this is isolated just to Safari?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

fibershedmari
New member | Level 2

Someone on my team is having this same issue and none of these fix the problem. Was there another solution?

inthemoment
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Has there been a resolution? Using the latest updated version of Safari, cleared cache, and tried in private mode. I get a message that I must be signed into Google docs in order to use sheets. (Despite already being signed into google in browser). I sign in, and then it just takes me back to a Google page that says 'Sign in to continue'. When I click on Sign In, it seems like it is about to open a new page, but then simply takes me back to the page on 'Sign In to Continue'. I keep clicking on Sign In, and it keeps taking me back to the same page telling me to sign in. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hzheng New member | Level 2
    apndavies Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    dpryan87 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?