cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page

couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Online ANYWHERE and I get the following error when trying to share from Safari is iOS10 "couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page"

This hapens on any network.

iPad V5 32gb with AT@T

20 Replies 20

Modoc69
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Actually I found a workaround to this. When you save the file in iPhone you can either forward it to an activity which is represented with vivid color or to the activities which are displayed in grey. If you save to the Dropbox whose icon is in the grey color, it works perfectly. I suggest to deactivate the one in color to avoid you pick it up by mistake. Hope it was a clear and useful suggestion for all
of you . Have fun !

RBoy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
The grey color icon for Dropbox doesn’t work. It doesn’t recognize when safari opens a PDF file instead it gives an error.

Modoc69
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I see. Then, try the other one (in color) ed deactivate the one in grey. I had the same issue and I solved in deactivating one of the two. It might work the opposite for me

LordHelmchen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How is this issue solved? The marked solution is just a workaround using another browser...

connorhawke
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Issue still here after all this time. Thorough description and examples: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/Save-to-DropBox-can-t-upload-certain-files-that-work-f...

RBoy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've given up on Dropbox for various reasons and moved on . Google Drive it is..

connorhawke
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Thing is Google Drive has its own, different bugs and issues. Lost count of the number of reports I’ve made to Google regarding Drive and their other apps.

Pixonti
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just tried to save to Dropbox from my iPad and I received the same error. I discovered this thread when investigating the error, I’m amazed that it seems to have been an issue for about 2 years. So clearly not resolved as the thread would have me believe.

Errol S.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am still experiencing this issue. The workaround shown above (that is marked Solved) does not work for me.

KBooz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This drove me crazy too. I updated the Dropbox app, signed out of Dbx, turned off my phone for a minute, turned it back on, signed into dbx and it worked. Hope this helps someone else:)
Need more support?