cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Annoying pop-up notifications (running out of storage) - How to stop them?

Annoying pop-up notifications (running out of storage) - How to stop them?

renatogdn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Do any of you know how to stop the VERY annoying pop-up notifications that Dropbox app on Mac keeps on showing every few minutes when you are running low on storage?

This is very annoying and I could not find any info on how to disable this specific notification, as there is no option for that under Preferences/Notifications.

Thank you.

11 Replies 11

jeedee23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That does not work anymore. This is driving me crazy. FOR EVERY FILE of the 400 000 files this horrendous pop-up comes up.

So much for 'background activity"! So I had to shut down the complete activity center

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear you're having issues with our desktop app's notifications on your computer @jeedee23.

Can you provide some additional information about your current setup such as the OS of the device you're using and our desktop app's version as well?

Hint: Our latest stable version is 75.4.141. 

If you're missing visual elements on the desktop app's preferences (which is the place you'd need to go to change your preferences about notifications), could you forward me a screenshot of how it looks like on your end so I can have a visual too?

Thanks in advance!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?