cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

funkup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to have the CHOICE to disable the "Dropbox Almost Full" notification.

As a temporary solution, I have chose to not start Dropbox on system boot and close it, but I would like to know how can I disable this message with Dropbox open.

32 Replies 32

pyromega
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What I am hearing is I should uninstall dropbox and move to a better service. Thanks for your useless help!

LeBalafrey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Uninstall Dropbox and look for 3rd party software to sync your data with Dropbox. There are ton available on the web

Mocachino
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is the real answer! Thanks!

Ed B.8
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Windows 10 can now disable all notifications for an app. 

From the sidebar -

- right click a notification from the app

- choose 'Turn off notifications for App X'

Rik W.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
@Ed B.8, wauw! Thanks! I haven't read that solution in any of the other posts in this thread!
I just wonder how this solves the question. This turns off all notifications, instead of only the almost full notification.

Cosmanaught
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Haha solved? Yeah right. Absolutely useless answer that instead pushes buying more space. I only use dropbox on shared work files and thus have no use for more space. The problem? I get a [profanity removed by moderator as per Community Guidelines] notificatyion every couple hours on my computer, popping up over media or anything else I am doing. And even worse it just stays there until I click it away. Therefore I will have to manually disable dropbox on startup and only boot it up when I need to work on the shared files. But then I miss actually useful notifications about group updates. For the love of god can someone please fix this? There is nothing more infurating than little technological itches like this that should have an easy solution. 

Barbari0n
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oddly enought, in windows 7 at least, turning off notifications doesn't even stop this popup.  Dropbox ignores the settings and goes right on it's way popping the space warning.  I'm so near done with this service, going to try a 3rd party option like mentioned above first though.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Barbari0n,

I just wanted to clarify that currently you can disable notifications in Windows 10 from the OS's Notifications settings, but not fully in Windows 7.

Nonetheless, I understand how important this is, and I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the team for future review - Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mflmn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Lusil

This remains a really annoying "feature" of the dropbox app for more than a year now it seems.  It's even worse for me as I still have nearly an entire gigabyte of free space and am still receiving this notification at least daily and apparently the only way to fix this is by taking away all my dropbox notifications.

Very frustrating.

Delta-Mod
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi!

This is a terrible compromise, absolutely terrible. The rest of the dropbox notifications are actually useful, you know, like the "dropbox link has been copied" notifications that otherwise also go away when you disable notifications as a whole. What boggles my mind, is that you would sooner instruct us to disable all notifications, which makes dropbox worse as a whole, rather than just letting us disable the annoying one because you want to intrusively advertise your service. Just let us disable it - this feature is universally hated by everyone, and not a single person that uses the free version of your service will feel compelled to buy it, if this is how you treat them. 

What makes the popup annoying? Well, first and foremost, it will literally interject itself over fullscreen applications, unlike literally any other notification on the windows 10 operating system, which all otherwise abide by the "game mode" criterion - i.e. no notifications if you have games running. To make matters worse, this is also the only notification that doesn't go away unless you press that tiny little arrow in the top right corner of it, because clicking the box opens up the "upgrade your subscription page".  A notification should max display for just a few seconds, and then automatically be dismissed, why on earth doesn't it? So, if you're like me, you can be playing a game and have this stupid popup occupy the screen space that would otherwise be used for UI elements that you need. And if you click on it, with exclusive fullscreen, it focuses you to the desktop. Bravo dropbox

Need more support?