cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with Dropbox app on iOS 12.2: Files=> “Unable to Load Folder”

Issue with Dropbox app on iOS 12.2: Files=> “Unable to Load Folder”

JMS202
Explorer | Level 4

I am seeing an error in my Dropbox app for iOS 12.2 on both my two iPads AND on my iPhone whenever I go into the app and click on the Files icon at the bottom...it tries and then immediately returns “Unable to Load Folder”.  It’s got nothing to do with whether wireless is turned on because the iPhone has cellular turned on for Dropbox.app and BOTH iPads do not even have cellular but are WiFi only.  This is new...it was working before...

I’m running App version 136.2.2.

14 Replies 14

scienceuser
Helpful | Level 5

same issue and not impressed by this UI either

bocaboy
Explorer | Level 3

My problem disappeared on both my iPhone Xs and iPad Pro after an update to the app and iOS 12.4.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, @bocaboy - awesome work!

As per your concern @scienceuser, could you please confirm if you have the latest version of the mobile app installed? 

If you do, could you please try reinstalling it? You can find the relevant steps to doing this here

Spoiler
Please bear in mind that uninstalling the mobile app won't delete your files, but any offlined/cached files will be removed from the device. As such, check that any changes made to offline files have been synced to your account and, if you'd like to make them available offline again, take note of them before reinstalling.

If you're still having trouble with this, please don't hesitate to get back to me with any additional info/updates. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Eugene M.3
New member | Level 2
Similar problem in iOS 12.4. Only worse as not matter what I try on iPhone 10x plus I can’t create a folder.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Eugene M.3

As a first step, could you please confirm if you've tried clearing the mobile app's cache?

If you have and you're still having some trouble with this, could you please clarify the following:

• Are you getting this error when you try to access your account from a web browser on your mobile or through the Dropbox mobile app directly?
  • Are you trying to access/create a folder in a regular/personal folder or a shared folder?

Finally, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?