cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notification

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I'm not in a decision making team so I won't be able to comment on when or if this will be implemented Claire. 

On the bright side, I found the following feature request in our 'Share an Idea' section:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/Request-to-delete-Notifications-from-the-Dropbox-desktop/idi...

You might want to take a look and upvote it too :wink:

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Love your resolute optimism Walter, but reading the posts you highlight we can hardly talk about a "bright side"!

The inability to delete useless and unwanted read notifications is seriously annoying your active user base.
Suggestions to stop "push" are feckless.

Not sure what it takes for the decision making team to wake up.
The community has amply expressed itself. There is no doubt that this is a no-brainer fix and that it is needed.

ACEkin
New member | Level 2

Well, now I cannot unsubscribe from this thread! All the forums I have participated have an unsubscribe option, but I cannot find one on this one. I checked under my message, my profile, looked around in other places but have not been able to find the unsubscribe option. I sure hope it is here but well hidden for some reason. Will someone show me how to unsubscribe from the forum replies?

================\

I found the answer in the e-mail message and hope that I have successfully unsubscribed. Phew!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear you found it @ACEkin!

If you'd like to unsubscribe from notifications within our Community's platform, you should be able to find an option to 'Unsubscribe' from the ellipsis button (...) on the upper right corner of the thread.

Hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

The Notifications display has recently changed!  I think I am satisfied with the new setup as it no longer bothers me with 5 year old "notifications."

myDBusername
New member | Level 2

Yup, same problem here on Windows 7.  3 and 5 year-old notifications, no way to hide or remove.  What gives DB?

Michael M.224
Helpful | Level 7

I have also noticed a recent change, slightly for the better.  I can now "read" all notifications with one click and move them to the "read" comment section.

However now there does not appear to be a way to hide them at all.

I will guess this is an indication that our concerns have been heard and this is a work in progress.  I sincerely hope this is not the end result. 

So for the record I will complain that this fix is not enough and thank Walter for being the best moderator ever, in this universe, in my experience.

Also for all the other complainers that think this is an easy task to code, please think again.  Writing foolproof simple code for an almost infinite variety of devices is never easy.  This problem is not an indication that dropbox is broken, we just do not like what they have done with this feature which does not degrade the primary purpose of dropbox, in my opinion.  As oppose to smart sync which does.  That is another thread but it does mean that the programmers attentions are probably focused elsewhere.

peop
New member | Level 2

A screenshot?  Is it our task to remind dropbox how they implemeted notifications? Just open up any mac and look at the notifications.  There are no three dots there.  

Please also check any other platforms that dropbox runs on and check that notifications can be cleared.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

It is a moving target. This AM all my "notifications" have been cleared (along with the elipsis).

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Meanwhile, my Notifications center has new tabs (Recent, Notifications), new options (easily toggle between My activity and Team activity!), and still absolutely no way to clear the deck. It's fascinating!

Need more support?