cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where is list of shared folders

Where can I see a list of my shared folders?

Steve W.28
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It used to be that I could see my list of shared folders on the main page when signing in to Dropbox.  I needed that to track what I have shared and to unshare when a project is complete. I can no longer find that list. All I see is a list of shared files that I can add to Dropbox. They are all very old. I don't know what that means. Where is the list of current shared folders?  Thanks!

25 Replies 25

Steve W.28
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you SamuelT - That will help for now.

Stuart M.12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm not sure which is worse: the fact that a useful feature was removed, or that we're pulling our hair out trying to find it.

bthom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here are some work arounds.  

(1)
(This description applies to the Mac, I'm hoping a PC user will add the how to for the PC)

1. If you haven't already, install dropbox on your Mac.
  2. In your file manager (In the Mac it's called "Finder"), navigate to your dropbox folder.
  3. Click the appropriate column sort button at top.  In the Mac,  the column header is labeled "kind".  Your folders are now grouped together and you can spot the shared folder icons because they have three little people on them.

(2)

This solution is for online browsing.  It's not ideal but it should work.

1. In your browser (such as chrome or internet explorer), navigate to and login in to your dropbox
  2. Manually search your folders by scrolling down the page, looking for the two person icon that shows for the shared folders (patience may be required).
  3. When you find a shared folder click the three dots in a line to call up the dropdwon menu and select "Rename". 
  4. Add an extra word anywhere in the folder's name, for example your folder: "myphotos" might become: "myphotos shared-folder".  
  5. Now use the search function at top of the page:  search for "shared-folder", and all the folders that you put that term into, will be found.

Caution:  since the folder name is changed you may need to resend the share invitation out to your friends again.  Ideally you will always rename a folder before your share it and rename it again after you unshare it.  

BTW...

before I wrote my reply the discussion thread had been labeled solved.  But the solutiuon: "It no longer exists." is NOT a solution, in my opinion.

bthom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:
It no longer exists. You'll need to locate each share in your main list of folders and manage them from there.

This is a good answer and probably correct but it can't be called a solution in my opinion.  Thanks all the same.  I submitted a couple of work arounds.  Hope it's helpful  :).

Steve W.28
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you Bthom.  My drop box is made up of nested folders going several folders deep for most.  Either your solution does not work in this situation or I am not understanding clearly how to apply your solution.  Thanks.  Steve

pgeezer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not solved at all.  Please reinstate this feature, as it is essential for user maintenance and security.

JRP M.
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Bring back the Feature or a Search function.

With 000's of folders it was just plain silly to remove such a feature.

Brian C.62
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not sure why everyone says this feature is missing. It is still there. On dropbox.com click on "Files" at the top left. Then click on "Sharing" at the top left. You now see a list of all shared folders and files in the middle of the screen. Am I crazy?

PalmDr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Apparently that option does not list all shared folders. Just checked by myself. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Brian C.62 wrote:

Not sure why everyone says this feature is missing. It is still there.

Look again. That page shows all the shared folders that you can add to your Dropbox. It does not show shared folders that are already in your Dropbox.

The page that shows all current shared folders in your Dropbox no longer exists.

Need more support?