cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Cannot Save Changes Made to Xcel File Saved in DropBox Using iPad Pro 12.3.1 iOS

Cannot Save Changes Made to Xcel File Saved in DropBox Using iPad Pro 12.3.1 iOS

CyberAmazon54
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I keep my financial budget in an Xcel spreadsheet that I update with changes each month. Recently I have begun experiencing issues trying to save updates to my file. All my files are ā€œstoredā€ in DropBox account (not on iPad); open files from Xcel app on iPad Pro 12.3.1 iOS, make changes, and either Xcel will crash, losing all my changes, or Iā€™m told there is some problem, cannot save changes, save copy of file, or try again later). This is has been going on for weeks now. Microsoft seems to think it is an issue with DropBox. 

Everything worked as it should until just recently. I have updated the iOS on my iPad, and Xcel app is up-to-date. I donā€™t know if a recent update has affected how Xcel works with DropBox and/or whether I have settings that have ā€œjumped offā€ some way. Have read some similar difficulties in forum. Some show ā€œSolutionā€, but when I go into read WHAT the solution was, nothing useful is found there.

Can someone help with this issue please? What changed from an otherwise ā€œwell-oiled machineā€ of a record-keeping system?

12 Replies 12

Bricroq
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

So far (1 day) no probs on this OS.

It could happen on any file I was using loaded from Dropbox - which, to be fair, is the majority but definitely not just one file. 

I haven't asked MS, mainly because I hadn't experienced a problem with non-Dropbox files and also because I found the similar issue in the forum.

Thanks,

Brian

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear it works now, Brian - thanks for looping me in too!

If you stumble upon an issue with this in the days to follow, please let me know so we can look further into it.

Thanks again @Bricroq!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

CEBS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue. I have to save a copy, go to pc, make change again and then delete the copy.

everything is up to date

Need more support?