cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to free up space in my Dropbox account?

How to free up space in my Dropbox account?

Ltdave
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

ive deleted and permanently deleted files.

the "my account" information still show 2+gb of shared files.

since im still at my limit, how do i get rid of these shared files?  i dont need to keep them or keep access to them because theyre all temporary and once i delete them from dropbox, its because i dont need them or to share them anymore...

seems like a money making scheme to me.  use it, fill it up, try to delete (and they show deleted in that they dont show anywhere) but keep the account full so PAY for more space...

11 Replies 11

emanuelsf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, Walter. There are only two folders that are listed as "pending" shared folders so I don't even have access to them because our account is filled to the max.

It seems the only way to free up space is just by deleting as much of our existing content as possible. Yes?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, indeed @emanuelsf. Pending shared folders don't count towards your current quota unless you except (and ADD) them to your account. 

For possible ways to free up space on your account, refer to my previous reply :wink:

Let me know if you have any follow up questions and have a lovely weekend ahead!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?