cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Received a "Complete your DropBox setup" e-mail

Received a "Complete your DropBox setup" e-mail out of nowhere

ChrisJones2112
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just received a "Complete your DropBox setup" e-mail with instructions for doing just that -- it has the usual checklist in the e-mail and shows step 1 "create a dropbox account" as completed but then shows the next step as "download the desktop and mobile apps".  Well, what exactly triggered this e-mail?  Because I've been a member already for many, many years, and I already have both the mobile and desktop apps installed and set up on multiple devices.  I haven't done anything recently that is out of the ordinary.  It's just doing its thing on each of those clients.  This worries me that someone has somehow triggered.

18 Replies 18

dfb1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have had account for some time. Rec'd "Complete your Dropbox setup" email on 10/26/18 even though it has been setup for years on tablets/PC's.

Pikamander2
Super User
Go to solution

Here's another thread where users were reporting the same issue.

@Walter - Did you ever discover whether these emails are legitimate and what the cause is?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Let me get back to you on that as soon as I have an update @Pikamander2.

For the time being, to all of the affected users, I would suggest logging a ticket with our team so we can have a look into this with all of our tools available.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation on this one.

Happy Halloween! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Ants
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received one of these email messages a few hours ago. What's happening ever there at Dropbox to trigger this?

I will go  ahead and log a ticket as suggested above.

Val11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
same happened to me now, 2019

WPaulBishop
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Has this been resolved? I received the same email on November 12, and like the person who gave the detail, I've been a user for years with all of those steps completed.

JacksonBison
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here received out of the blue Dec 13th, 2019

Tom_H1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there. It's now 2 years since this thread started but I have just received the exact same e-mail as stated above. 

The subject line is "complete your dropbox setup". I have been using this for a while now so this raises a couple of flags for me. 

Would appreciate some guidance on what to do (other than ignore e-mail). 

- change password?

- anything else?

Tom_H1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

JacksonBison, did you ever get a response from anybody?

Need more support?