cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: logging out

How do I log out of my Dropbox desktop app?

pv1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do you log out/off?  I have an icon on my desktop but anyone can click it & get into my Dropbox.

14 Replies 14

rwikle29616
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Normally I use my Galaxy 4 to access this. I am at a Library using a desktop. I uploaded a file and now I want to log out. According to this I have to delete all my files. This doesn't need to be complicated.

nitadiem
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

how do I secure my account so I have to log in every time

mrsagc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The problem is, the Dropbox icon is right there on the desktop, and clicking it opens all my folders and thus my files - EVEN THO I am signed out of the online version. With the online version, at least there's 2-step authentication to get back in. I thought I had Dropbox set up so that the desktop app opens only after I've signed in to Dropbox. 

MPPFred
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I log out of my Dropbox desktop app so I can log in to my HOA account?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey, @MPPFred, welcome to our community! 

What exactly do you want to do? Do you need to have your computer sync to a different Dropbox account? If so, you can Unlink your computer from the Dropbox account you’re currently signed into by going to the Account tab in our app’s Preferences, and clicking “Unlink this Dropbox”.

Another way to unlink is to do so from your account settings online. Have a look here for the steps.

Our app will ask you to sign in again, so then you can enter your other Dropbox account’s email and password to link to it! 

Keep in mind that the Dropbox folder will be left on your computer, but will no longer be syncing to your account online. 

By the way, if your “HOA” Dropbox account is on a free or paid Dropbox team account, you can connect your personal account to it, so that both will sync to your computer! 

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any further questions. 

Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?