cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app opens to blank screen

iOS app opens to blank screen

KylieC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Every time I open the Dropbox app it just goes to a blank screen so I can’t access any of my files. The only way I can fix it is to restart my phone which takes a lot of time as it seems to only work once or twice in between each restart. I’m using an iPhone 7 with all updates applied and have updated the app on every release.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @mario f.2, it's Jane this time; sorry to hear about any frustration caused. 

If it’s not too much to ask, could you try the following steps once to see if these do the trick this time?

1.  Uninstall the Dropbox App
  2.  Sign out from iTunes
  3.  Restart your device
  4.  Sign into the iTunes
  5.  Download and Install Dropbox
  6.  Try to sign into your Dropbox account
Please give me a nudge with the results when you get a chance to get going with that. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting about this @KylieC. Welcome to our Community! 

Please reinstall the Dropbox mobile app and let me know if the issue persists. 

If it does, a screenshot of the blank screen, will help me suggest the next steps. 

Thanks. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Andrew F.14
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I’m having the same issue. iPhone 6S plus with iOS 13.2.3. Opens to Dropbox logo then goes to blank white screen. Tried reinstalling Dropbox app 2 weeks ago which fixed the problem, but now it’s happening again.

KylieC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Fiona, I’ve got support working on the issue. Reinstalling works for a couple of days then it starts happening again. Have sent them a screencast showing it happening.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the letting me know @KylieC!

@Andrew F.14 Seems like you are facing the same problem. I created a ticket for you, so our team can work on your issue as well. Please respond there and I will have your case escalated to be fixed. 

Let me know if you received my email. It would be also helpful to know the version of Dropbox giving you this problem. Please respond back to this thread with this info. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Andrew F.14
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks Fiona I appreciate you getting back to me. I’ve deleted and re-loaded the dropbox app version 168.2 again today and its still opening with the dropbox logo and then going to a white blank screen again.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the heads up in this thread @Andrew F.14

Could you add a screenshot of how things look for other users that might be reading this thread please? 

We are already working on your issue with the team. We will get back to you in the same email chain I have created. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Andrew F.14
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Still happening, any help greatly appreciated! Now on the latest iOS 13.3. How can I upload some screenshots as requested? The first blue screen with the logo lasts for a second and then changes to the blank white screen and stays like that.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is how you can upload screenshots in the Community. 
Screenshot 2019-10-26 at 3.38.32 AM - Display 2 (edited-Pixlr) (edited-Pixlr).png

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

mario f.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here. iPad pro. iOS and Dropbox updated. Very frustrating. Has been happening for a few weeks by now. Screenshot attached.73DFD61D-D0D2-45A7-8080-C02342489571.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KylieC Explorer | Level 4
    jennieb Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Nellz New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?