cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Path to files and folders in a Team Folder

Path to files and folders in a Team Folder

alreeves27
Explorer | Level 3

I am using the API v2 endpoints to query a user's dropbox account for their folder structure to allow the user to select a folder.   We are offering a service to be able to import files dropped in that folder into our document managment system.

Everything works with folders and files in the user's account however I'm stuck with the interface to Team Folders when a Dropbox for Business account is used.  I am still using the user end points and not the business end points.  I can get the list of team shares but when I query the contents of the shares using list_folders endpoint, the files and subfolders metadata all have an empty path lower.  So I am not sure how I then proceed to retrieve the contents of the subfolder or even retrieve the file as I don't know what path/url to use.   I can't even get/create a shareable link without a path/url.

I'm not sure what I am missing here and hope someone can get me over the hump.   

I am using the .Net API if that matters.

10 Replies 10
Need more support?