cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: There’s no option to attach a Dropbox file on iPhone X

There’s no option to attach a Dropbox file on iPhone X

Shmuel_brummel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently got the iPhone X and cannot attach dropbox files in the Gmail app. Please help 😞

11 Replies 11

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @rsaito,

When you're composing an email through the Gmail app, if you tap the "..." in the top right corner, do you see an option to "Insert from Dropbox"?

If not, can you just check that you have connected your Dropbox and Google accounts from your Connected apps page here (you'll need to have the same email address for both accounts).

Otherwise, if you're having issues with this or getting any errors, please let me know the steps you're taking and send along a screenshot of the error you get.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

connorhawke
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
@gcandiota Would be the perfect workaround if not for the fact that only the Gmail app, not desktop/mobile sites, allow login from non-Gmail accounts via IMAP. Also, to all of those suggesting to send files directly via Files or another app, doesn't work if you want to send the attachments in a reply to an email. Seems like Google's fault this time for only supporting Drive in their app.
Need more support?