cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing "Copy Dropbox link"

Missing "Copy Dropbox link" from the drop down menu on Mac

RobM4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!

For years now I have used the right click - copy drop box link to allow people to download files from my dropbox. All of sudden in the past couple weeks that option is no longer available in that drop down mwnu. Drop Box app is running, and the app logo is present at the top of my desktop. I have unlinked and re-linked my computer. Running OS X El Capitan, Macbook Air.

Please help

Thanks

Rob

39 Replies 39

Kenatic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to simply uncheck it, then recheck it.  That solved it after I updated to High Sierra.

stuarttownsley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same here...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @stuarttownsley, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I just wanted to check with you if you were able to resolve this or if you're still having trouble - I'm more than happy to help if you are!

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

drosophila
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. I tried all the options given here: Check and uncheck Dropbox Finder Extension in System Preferences, Force Quit Finder, Restart, but I'm still unable to get back the Copy link to file that used to work in Finder. All the green checkmarks that I used to see next to each file are also gone. But, my Dropbox is still working and syncing. I think this happened after I got the Dropbox desktop app which was about a week ago? This also coincided with an update to my dropbox Application I think. Please help. Thanks!

wallywld
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Seems to be related to having a lot of files. Restarting the finder seems to fix it for me, although I sometimes have to do it multiple times and wait a while before I restart again.

W

drosophila
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you for your reply. I removed and reinstalled Dropbox, and selected smart sync so all my files are not local but on the cloud. I have restarted Finder several tones. I still can't see the Copy link option.

Ernest H.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I'm having the same problem but neither force quit of finder or complete shut down and restart fixed the issue.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there peeps, thanks for checking in with us on this thread, and sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with finding the Copy Dropbox link on your computer.

@drosophila , first off, awesome work on the extensive troubleshooting! At this point, I’d recommend moving the investigation to email so that we can have a better look into this. Would that be alright with you?

@wallywld, thanks for letting us know what did the trick for you, however, from what I understand, it’s not consistent, is that right?

Could you confirm if this also happens even when you reboot your computer?

@Ernest H.3, could you also let me know if you’ve tried going to System Preferences and toggling the Finder Extension off and on again?

Keep me posted, everyone!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

drosophila
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, yes ok please let me know what to do. After reinstalling Dropbox I've lost my selective sync options and now my hard drive storage is too small for my entire dropbox, so I've had to do smart sync which is making things really slow for my work since files have to be downloaded from the cloud to work with. A warning for those reading this to avoid reinstalling Dropbox if this could be your issue!

I'm really frustrated now that I've spent many precious hours trying to figure out what happened all of a sudden. Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your quick reply, @drosophila

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?