cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notification

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

Hi Cassandra M, Because of the way OS10 is built to support different features and calculate space used on the disk, Dropbox's solution does not work for everyone's OS10. Working around that requires extensive code for OS10 support. This is an example of two large companies with competing products which can result in mutually exclusionary S/W strategies.

Kevin O.3
Explorer | Level 4

Deleted notifications, all 5 or 6 years old, keep reappearing on the several Macs I run.  I have used the elipsis removal process, described above, on 3 macs, each running different Mac operating systems (El Capitan, High Sierra and Catalina).  So there must me some old buggaboo still present?  Not a big deal; just curious how to correct if anyone knows. I suspect the macs are syncronizing from one another and not picking up on any of the delete markers.  Perhaps I can defeat the notifications finally by turning off sync on all three macs, deleting/removing on each mac, then turning sync back on?  I suppose I can give that a try someday.

Happy New Year 2020!

Derwent
New member | Level 2

Every time I delete a notification it comes right back. Given that they cannot or are unwilling to solve this I think the best solution is to stop using Dropbox. 

Neil W.6
Helpful | Level 6

It's getting pretty irritating. 7 year old messages that can be "dismissed" but keep coming back as if they are snoozed. Actions like "accept / reject" sharing a folder that do not work because the folder in question no longer exists.

Strata
New member | Level 2

I have just had to face it. Dropbox is no longer a service for users. It has become a money-making mechanism for accountants, investors and venture capitalists who will likely milk the company for all it can by getting rid of the real talent and letting hacks and marketers try to pimp it up to maximize values. Capitalists will than dump the company, screwing the investors and move on to the next good thing to ruin.
Get out while you can.

B4C
New member | Level 2

Hi, what if i have 123 notifications i need to clear .... how do i clear then all at once ...and not one by one ?   there must be a way..... i dont have time to sit here, right click, dismiss, next next, next ..

kayleighshawn
New member | Level 2

Adding my two cents that this is annoying and it feels absurd that it hasn't been addressed yet. 

aloiamoa
New member | Level 2

Hello from March 2020. I can confirm that this still hasn't been addressed and I've still got notifications from 2013 when my old boss left and removed her shared folders which I just had to remove one by one. Again. *sigh*

Gabriel P.
Helpful | Level 5

Still No Fix. I am using the desktop app and I have to go through each notification one by one on the dropbox app and "dissmiss notification". Amazing this hasn't been added.

twindux
Helpful | Level 6

I received many files via a file requests...I've turned notifications off now, but I have about 200 notifications clogging up my Dropbox menu. Why, oh why is there not a way to DISMISS ALL NOTIFICATIONS ? This can't be that difficult. I know what they all say. I don't want to look through and dismiss each and every one of them one at a time.

Need more support?