cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google Docs + Safari - not working

Google Docs + Safari - not working

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to use Google Docs with Dropbox and I'm having issues with Safari.

I've created a doc, but when I go to edit it, Safari says:

"Google Sheets needs access

Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking here.

Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies."

So I click the "here" link to allow cookies, but then I get the following message:

"Cookie access failed

Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking here."

Clicking "here" in this case does nothing.

Using Chrome, everything works fine, but I'm stuck with these errors on Safari. There's no 3rd party cookies setting I can see in Safari settings either (I'm on 10.14.5).

Any clues as to how to get this working with Sarafi?
40 Replies 40

kier
Explorer | Level 3

hey  I have read this whole thread and tried all options suggested . i can get it to work on chrome . but not safari - and it appears no solution has been posted . so just need some recommendations to get running with google docs etc 

thanks 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining us here @kier!

I was able to locate your open request in our Support channel, so I've followed up with you there to do a little more investigating.

If you'd like to, please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can take it from there.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xli4217
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm having the same problem - can't get google doc to work with dropbox in neither chrome or safari. Is there a solution available? Thanks.

simmenfl
New member | Level 2

Update for everyone who is struggling with this/waiting for a fix: the Dropbox support team has told me via e-mail that this feature is officially not supported for Safari, and that the only solution is to talk to Apple or use a different browser. They were not able to confirm with me that Dropbox takes responsibility for the not-working feature, and also not that they are currently working on building compatibility with Safari.

Peter R.42
Helpful | Level 6
And Firefox?

dpryan87
New member | Level 2

This feature also doesn't work for me (Safari browser).  Chrome works fine.  

Is Dropbox planning on addressing this?  Many users impacted, no response.  We are a paying enterprise customer.  

Not a good look for Dropbox here.  Reading through this thread and there is no acknowledgement that the feature doesn't work, and no acceptance of responsibility.  That only came via a user posting about their private email comms with a Dropbox support person.

Dropbox, are you planning on fixing this, or at least taking responsbility for the feature not working? 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well!

I'd just like to let you know that the team is aware of this issue and are looking into it.

It seems that this issue is with the latest versions of Safari and Firefox, so in the meantime if you need to use this feature I can recommend using another browser such as Chrome.

I'll be sure to update you all once we have any updates on the matter.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dpryan87
New member | Level 2

Is there any expected time-line for resolving?   Many users prefer to avoid using Chrome for a variety of reasons.  

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dpryan87!

At the moment, I don't have a timeline to share with you unfortunately. However, I'll make sure to keep this thread up to date with any news I receive on this.

Chrome was just mentioned as an example, so I understand if you prefer to use another browser. As long as it is up to date, you should be okay to use most browsers in the meantime.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

apndavies
Explorer | Level 3

Hello all

I have this issue too (using Safari, latest release)

Using a private window seems to work (as does Chrome) - but not ideal as I use Safari as my main browser.

Keen to hear when this is fixed.

Andrew

Need more support?