cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: User Account Control

Windows User Account Control (UAC) keeps popping up

Daniel18
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?

Dropbox.exe

VERY ANNOYING.  Comes up all the time.  Was working fine for at least a year now, and suddenly I keep getting this message frequently. 

#makeitstop

16 Replies 16

Luke9423
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Annotation 2020-02-14 083522.jpgAnnotation 2020-02-14 083522.jpg

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

0x80004002 is a Windows error; not a Dropbox error. It usually indicates a problem with Windows Update or possible damaged system files. There are a lot of results online that discuss the error, and possible ways to resolve it. I'd suggest a Google search for 0x80004002.

MCristina
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

"vuoi consentire a questa app di apportare modifiche al dispositivo dropbox ?"

ogni volta che accendo il pc e anche più volte al giorno mi esce questa schermata e ogni volta accetto. Vorrei trovare un modo per disattivare solo quest'avviso relativo a Dropbox e non in generale (perchè è comunque utile per le installazioni di altri software)

Grazie

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ehi @MCristina, sarei più che felice di aiutarti!

Ti ho unito in questo thread, poiché sembra essere un problema simile.

Riesci a individuare la tua icona Dropbox (sulla barra delle applicazioni, accanto al tuo WiFi) posiziona il mouse lì e fammi sapere qual è lo stato dell'applicazione Dropbox Desktop?

Un'altra cosa è assicurarsi che l'app sia installata con i privilegi di amministratore. In caso contrario, suggerirei di installare Dropbox con privilegi di amministratore poiché alcune funzionalità fanno affidamento su di esso.

Tienimi aggiornato su come va!

PS: ho allegato una traduzione automatica di questo post, quindi mi scuso per eventuali errori che potresti trovare.

Hey @MCristina, I'd be more than happy to help!

I've merged you under this thread, since it seems to be a similar issue. 

Can you locate your Dropbox icon (on your task bar, next to your WiFi) hover your mouse there and let me know what the status of the Dropbox Desktop application is? 

Another thing is, to make sure the app is installed with admin privileges. In case it isn't, I'd suggest installing Dropbox with admin privileges as some features, rely on it.

Keep me posted on how this goes!

PS: I've attached an automated translation of this post, so apologies for any mistakes you may find.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MCristina
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Non riesco a rispondere a una persona che mi ha risposto ad un precedente messaggio che ho fatto. il tasto "Reply" è disattivato

Grazie

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ehi @MCristina, potresti riprovare?

Hey @MCristina, could you try once again?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MCristina
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Siii, chissà qual era il problema.

Allora se ho ben capito cosa mi hai chiesto @Lusil quando porto il cursore sull'immagine di Dropbox esce scritto:

"Dropbox 119.4.1772

Aggiornato".

Need more support?