cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: MacOS 10.14 SmartSync files included in disk storage calculation

MacOS 10.14 SmartSync files included in disk storage calculation

thefc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I don't think I'm the first to ask this, but I don't see any real solutions, so here goes...

I have 2016 MacBook Pro 13" 250GB which is now showing storage issues.

For example, one of the documents in the Large File report shows a PSD file at 827MB - this file is an 'online-only' file. Looking at it in Finder and requesting the File Info and sure enough, Finder reports it as 827MB. EVERY Dropbox folder with 'online-only' content is included in the physical storage report to the point where I have to exclude folders in my sync preferences as the only way to free space - not what I thought this feature was supposed to deliver in user experience?

So what do I have to do to 'free' space in a way my Mac can really use?

FYI this is not a recent file waiting for some sort of memory snap-shot to exclude.

22 Replies 22

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm really glad to hear that @tgev!

I'm happy that I could help out, and I'll pass along your encouragement to our dev team who worked on this. I'm sure this will make their day (as it has mine). :grin:

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

Have a great week ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ADUC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still not working for me either. Everything is set for 'on line' only but still my Macbook shows 'out of space'. Incredible for all we pay!!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @ADUC, thanks for nudging us on this thread and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your local storage. 

As a first step, could you send us a screenshot (without any personal info) showing the space discrepancy you see?

Keep us posted - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?