cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the old file view back?

How can I get the old file view back?

Rob W.16
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, 

How do I remove 'Recents' as I login now and I can't get to see my files and folders...I can't even get using the menu on the left hand side!! 

If this is a 'fancy new development' then the cheif development manager at Dropox need to loose his job!!! 

Total nightmare!! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom_H
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Click the link on the left side that says "files" you will see the old view. Its the first item under recents. 

If you do not see it, then I suspect it is a browser rendering issue. Please try another browser. 

View solution in original post

36 Replies 36

Tom_H
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Click the link on the left side that says "files" you will see the old view. Its the first item under recents. 

If you do not see it, then I suspect it is a browser rendering issue. Please try another browser. 

Rob W.16
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks will have to remember that, what a pain in the arse!! 

Peter F.35
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, that is all very well that I can acces the "regular files and folder view".

What makes me tired is that I seem to have to click "Files" everytime i enter the Dropbox site, i.e. I allways start in Recents. There should be a (default) setting but I can't find it.

Elite Shopper F
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem, Peter, and it is quite problematic.  Has anyone found a solution to the Recents default issue?

Rick G.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Agreed!!!

Tom (above) failed to answer the original posters underlying question/concern that there appears to be no way to stop the web-based Dropbox platform from opening in to the Recents folder.  Recents, which for me,  is a completely useless function.  However, I have no way to disable it, and have Dropbox open in the Files folder.  

Please Dropbox Team, either default the web platform to open in the Files folder, or allow users to choose which folder they want to land in upon login.

Thanks

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

The web interface ought to remember what "view" your  browser used last.

Tom_H
Super User alumni
Go to solution

@Rick G.

I am just a user like yourself and have no inner knowledge of the staffs plans. I would only learn of ways to disable it from other users or my experience with my own account. I merely provided a best work around to the user, to get back to the old web view. 

I have, as of yet found no way to disable it. I personally do not prefer it either (as the default). It serves a purpose but usually when I go to the site. I go to manipulate files and don't care for the recents.

For such suggestions on the GUI and/or feature requests its best to talk/submit them to the staff directly @ https://www.dropbox.com/support . They track that stuff an are the ones to act on such information.

Cheers,

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Create a bookmark/favorite to https://www.dropbox.com/home and use that to enter the site. You'll bypass the Recents display.

Peter F.35
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Rich R. That's a pragmatic approach to bad function. I'll make a bookmark for the time being. Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Corey A. New member | Level 1
    Alison M.1 New member | Level 1
    Travis G.2 New member | Level 1
    Chris A.37 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?