cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resend the invitation to a shared folder (non business account)

How do I resend the invitation to a shared folder (non business account)

Charlie S.1
New member | Level 2

If I search in the forum or on google for "how to resend a dropbox invitation to a shared folder" I find an answer for business accounts, but I just have a normal individual pro account. I shared a folder with about 10 people months ago. 4 joined, and 6 didn't. How do I resend the invite to the 6 people so that I am sure they have a recent invite in their email inbox?

19 Replies 19

Rich
Super User II

You can't. They should be able to accept the invite on the Share page.

https://www.dropbox.com/share

Rich F.4
New member | Level 1

You can't? This is horrible. Really, really bad. I create a shared folder. I create a list of invitees. I send them the link. Then, I update the folder. I can see all my invitees listed. BUT~ You are telling me I cannot resend the invite? Why on earth is this kind of dysfunction programmed into an app I pay $200./US yearly for? It should be stupid simple to program this. Please, Db. do it!

Oliver A.8
New member | Level 1

Seriously?

I have exactly the same difficulty

Are we the only two people in the whole world using dropbox to share files?.

Maybe everyone tries it once and then just gives up......

I do wonder nowadays if no one has the patience or tenacity to complain about anything.

Jiri B.
Helpful | Level 5

+1 to ability to resend a sharing invite. 

Radu V.
New member | Level 1

I had the same issue. I deleted the address that haven't received and I added again and share it again. It seems it is OK now. In the meantime you can make a link and send the link by email. they can access and download the files via the link.

amaigus
New member | Level 2

I agree. It's a basic use case. You can send them the link the first time. There's all this flexibility for each person to rename shared folders (and that's great!). So one doesn't necessarily know what link to send them, something like dropbox.com/home/new-name-or-orginal-or-what-was-it?. Meanwhile on their side, they might barely use it and don't remember where that thing you shared with them 6 months ago is. 

Rich
Super User II

That's why there's the Sharing page, so you can see and access everything that has been shared with you.

Also, inviatations don't work like they did previously. Before, when you invited someone to a shared folder, they had to accept the invitation before they were a member. Now, as soon as you invite someone they have access. They can add and remove the folder from their Dropbox at will, without ever changing their membership status within the share. Because of this, there's no reason to re-invite someone that's already a member. They already have access. Only when they leave the share, removing their access completely, would you be able to re-invite someone.

amaigus
New member | Level 2

Thanks for responding. The share page helps. However, it doesn't provide the kind of direct access one ideally wants for less techy people one is sharing with. They still have to dig through many shares and remember what it's called. But I will use that shares page link from now on. Thanks.

kfcengr
New member | Level 2

you should be able to re-invite, all types of software allow this function!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Radu V. New member | Level 1
    Jiri B. Helpful | Level 5
    Oliver A.8 New member | Level 1
    Rich F.4 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?