cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

EdifyYo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
  • It’s insane that the Dropbox team isn’t already working on this! As a paying customer, this makes me seriously consider switching to iCloud, Google, Box, OneDrive, or any of the other reputable (and more responsive) services. Dropbox, please get your act together - I love your product and up until now I thought you guys were charting the right course, but this is stupid… and you’re not the only game in town.

AndrewOsterman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is embarrassing from Dropbox. Support the hardware. Support the software. I'll pay one more month, and then I'm transferring all my files to iCloud, and leaving Dropbox behind for good. 

Lwdupont
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This has got to be old news from July. No self respecting company wouldn’t be in the middle of adding support for Apple Silicon. Yet I voted just in case. 🙃

Martin H.53
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

And by the way, this is now the second-highest voted "idea" (ha!!) on this forum. Maybe time to remove the "needs more votes" label as this really reflects pretty badly on you (but then again, it probably just reflects the reality that you simply don't care about anything but squeezing more money out of large corporate customers).

Ian D.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Martin H.53 It's nuts, isn't it? Now that this has surfaced on 9to5mac.com I'm glad to see they're getting ratio'd to oblivion! 😂

Dedrean
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have to join the sentiments that it is utterly ridiculous that this is something that needs to be voted on JUST to be considered. It would behove Dropbox to jump on this YESTERDAY if they want to retain users. There are other options. 

Peter Rundberg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Me and my wife have been using Dropbox for everything related to cloud storage for at least 10 years. Since we both use M1 Macs we will need to migrate over to some other service if this isn't resolved soon. We both use OneDrive for work and will probably move our personal cloud storage there too since Microsoft have Apple Silicon support on the roadmap.

prw2732
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Anybody have a list of alternative services ?  I am looking around, since Dropbox management doesn’t have any vision for the future.

acdha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’ve been a paying customer for a decade. This is the first time I’m seriously thinking about not renewing. 

tojoko
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm shocked to hear that work on this haven't even been started yet, even though M1 macs have been available for a year already. This is way more important than any of the extra features (Paper, Passwords, Backup) Dropbox keeps pushing. Personally, I've not found those useful at all. Get the base functionality working first. I'm longtime paying customer, but wondering if it's time to look for alternative syncing service.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?