cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach files in gmail app taken from dropbox

Dropbox attachment in gmail

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

251 Replies 251

nycregoddess
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This did work on my phone - THANK YOU for being very specific about it. I was going crazy needing to attach 12 photos to a GMAIL message and not being able to do it directly!

antolepore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Allegare file con app gmail da dropbox su smarphone android

Salve,
non riesco ad allegare file alle email con gmail da dropbox su uno smarphone android.
Mi dice sempre impossibile allegare file.
Come devo fare?

---

Attach files in gmail app taken from dropbox

Greetings,
I can't attach files to emails taken from Dropbox on the Gmail app on an Android smartphone.
How should I do it?
It always says Unable to attach file

mike7777
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Time to switch to Google Cloud Storage. Simple task like file attachment Dropbox couldn't even solve after such a long time.

Metro Board S.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

but I love DropBox over Google Cloud Storage!  It is a simple task to attach a file once you learn the new steps.  Change is always hard 🙂

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@antolepore, giusto per chiarire, stai seguendo i passaggi forniti da Ben qui e non riesci ancora ad allegare file Dropbox al tuo account Gmail?

---------------

@antolepore, just to clarify, are you following the steps provided by Ben here, and you’re still unable to attach Dropbox files to your Gmail account?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

antolepore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

ascolta quella discussione è di 25 pagine ho iniziata a leggerla ma non si capisce quale sia la soluzione tu la sai?
---
listen to that discussion it's 25 pages long I started reading it but I don't understand what the solution is, do you know it?

Metro Condo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
When you click the paper clip while composing a message, instead of immediately tapping on Dropbox as we used to, use the three horizontal lines in the top left corner sometimes called hamburger. That will open a list of all the places from which you can attach things and if you look down to find Dropbox do NOT tap on THE LABEL "Dropbox" there but on the ARROW just to the right of the word Dropbox. That gives you the ability to pick the folder in Dropbox from which you want to select your file and you can tap on it and it attaches normally. It's annoying that this integration has changed but this alternative is not much more inconvenient especially once you get used to it. This solution is explained elsewhere but I couldn't figure it out at first because I hadn't noticed the little arrows to the right of the word "Dropbox" (and other sources for things to attach under the hamburger menu.)

antolepore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can't, I can't find these things you say? can you make a video and show us how it's done? This is very important, thank you

antolepore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Allora l'unica possibilità per risolvere il problema è di fare Esporta o Condividi una copia del file da dentro l'app di dropbox e poi scegliere l'email di Email e si crea una nuova email con dentro il file allegato.

Quindi prima aprire l'app di Dropbox e poi fare esporta o condividi in gmail NON il contrario

Credo che non ci siano altri modi!!
---
Then the only possibility to solve the problem is to Export or Share a copy of the file from within Dropbox and then choose the Email address and create a new email with the attached file inside.

So first open the Dropbox app and then export or share to gmail NOT the other way around

I believe there are no other ways!!

Metro Board S.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Antolepore,

Not true! 

When you click the paper clip while composing a message, instead of immediately tapping on Dropbox as we used to, use the three horizontal lines in the top left corner sometimes called hamburger. That will open a list of all the places from which you can attach things and if you look down to find Dropbox do NOT tap on THE LABEL "Dropbox" there but on the ARROW just to the right of the word Dropbox. That gives you the ability to pick the folder in Dropbox from which you want to select your file and you can tap on it and it attaches normally. It's annoying that this integration has changed but this alternative is not much more inconvenient especially once you get used to it. This solution is explained elsewhere but I couldn't figure it out at first because I hadn't noticed the little arrows to the right of the word "Dropbox" (and other sources for things to attach under the hamburger menu.)

Need more support?