cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect iPhone with Desktop in order to sync data

Can't connect iPhone with Desktop in order to sync data

Frog21
New member | Level 2

Hi Emma,

I am a little desperate here.  I was using Dropbox successfully.  I tried to connect my iPhone with my Dropbox account on my desktop and now, as a result, nothing is working.  It has been absolutely impossible to get anyone from Dropbox either by email or phone to help me rectify this.  Can you help?  Thank You!  

4 Replies 4

Frog21
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

I have been clicking around trying to get help to help me rectify a situation that I am having with my Dropbox account.  I was using Dropbox successfully.  I then tried to sync my iPhone with my Dropbox account on my desktop and now nothing works.  It has been impossible for me to get anyone representative from Dropbox.  In other words I have not been able to find a phone number or a live chat session for me to connect with the.  I am a little desperate here.  Thank You!  [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Frog21, currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

What is the exact issue you're experiencing regarding the syncing of files between the desktop and the mobile device? Do files uploaded directly to the site appear on both devices?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Frog21
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox on my desktop computer was working great.  I wanted to transfer a video from my iPhone to my dropbox account on my desktop computer.  I therefore loaded the Dropbox app onto my iPhone.  As part of this process they had me kind of sync my iPhone with my desktop computer by me scanning a QR code.  This process assigned a new email address to me, that is, one that I don't recognize.  I wanted to forget the whole process and just wanted to get into my old Dropbox account on my desktop computer; however, when I tried to login into dropbox on my desktop computer I am automatically signed in but with the email that I don't recognize.  It has been impossible to get a dropbox representative either by phone or by online chat.  I desperately need to get into my Dropbox account.  I would love to talk to somebody about this.  Thank You!!  [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Jay
Dropbox Staff

I've removed your personal details from the forum. Please don't post them again for your own security and privacy. 

It sounds like you used this feature to connect your computer to the Dropbox account signed in on your phone. Are you certain that you don't have another email address on which there could be a Dropbox account? As you mentioned you're on an iOS device, is it possible that you used this feature to sign in with Apple, and chose to hide your email?

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions. Regarding support options, they vary depending upon your current plan. You can view all your available options when signed into your account on this page

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Frog21 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?