cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I cannot open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit. I was able to until today. I uninstalled and re-installed the software with the new version.

7 Replies 7

Betreff: Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Der_Wuerfler
New member | Level 2

Same here: Update did not succeed, uninstall and reinstall (freshly downloaded web- and offline-installer) also no luck!

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I tried several other steps today including uninstalling again followed with another fresh install in the "Clean Boot" mode. I also did a fresh install with the firewall off. Nothing worked. I decided to switch to iCloud Drive for my Windows 7 system but I still use DropBox on Windows 10. I don't understand why all of the sudden it stopped working a couple of days ago. Oh well. Good Luck!

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

I thought I should mention that Internet Explorer is acting a bit strange. Whwn I press the X Close button in the top right corner, I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" . I switched over to Chrome as the default browser. 

Also; it is worth taking a look at the settings in msconfig to make sure that DropBox is checked in the Services Tab. 

Re: Cannot Open DropBox in Windows 7 32 Bit

Ross_S
Dropboxer
Hey all, can you try with the latest version, if it doesn't work then can you let us know the error log here and we'll b happy to help.

gwj3
Explorer | Level 4

No, No, that did not help. I love DropBox on Win 10 but I will not try again on Win 7. I was using Virtual Box for Win 7. Anyway; it does no longer work for me on my Win 7 Pro. Thanks! 😉

supercissi
New member | Level 2

Hi Ross, I have the same problem as described here. Dropbox has been working fine until a few days ago, when the following error message turned up when I start my computer: "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "". Available platform plugins are: minimal, offscreen, windows. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I'm running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Many apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It seems likely that a graphic element is the issue if it's referencing Qt. After updating your graphics card drivers to the most up to date then, assuming you're not on a VM or remotely accessing the machine in some way, I'm afraid you're going to need 1:1 support from us here.

I'll be happy to help if you submit a support ticket and let me know its number.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ross_S Dropboxer
    supercissi New member | Level 2
    gwj3 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?