cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting old copies of Dropbox

Deleting old copies of Dropbox

theaviator
New member | Level 2

How can I delete redundant copies of dropbox on previous hardware.  I have just replaced the hard drive on a laptop and on trying to install dropbox on the new drive I was advised that I had reached the maximum of 3 installations when in fact I only have one installation of the program running which is on my PC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting old copies of Dropbox

Mark
Super User II

Go to www.dropbox.com/account 

Then click on 'Security' and you can unlink previous ones 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Go to www.dropbox.com/account 

Then click on 'Security' and you can unlink previous ones 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

theaviator
New member | Level 2

Mark,  thank you very much, you reply has solved the issue.

Regards

theaviator

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

theaviator New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?