cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app on mac is stuck on connecting MAC (really need help here!)

Desktop app on mac is stuck on connecting MAC (really need help here!)

yonires1
New member | Level 2

so when I open dropbox desktop app on my mac it says 

"No internet connection - your computer is currently offline. please check your network settings

but of course I'm connected to wifi AND directly to the router with an ethernet cable. 

then I hit ok and it's stuck on the starting icon and not doing anything.

It won't allow me to sign in or anything else.

I'm also experiencing issues with opening google drive for desktop so maybe I'm overlooking something.

I've tried to do the terminal thing but it didn't work out. couldn't make it to the end of the actions.

https://support.scotiasystems.com/dropbox-stuck-connecting-on-mac/

I really need to connect my dropbox to upload large files my client wants to kill me at this point.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and even updated to os big sur

thank you!

1 Reply 1

Re: Desktop app on mac is stuck on connecting MAC (really need help here!)

Rich
Super User II

@yonires1 wrote:

"No internet connection - your computer is currently offline. please check your network settings ... I'm also experiencing issues with opening google drive for desktop so maybe I'm overlooking something.

It sounds like you have a firewall blocking the connection, especially since it's affecting not just Dropbox but Drive as well. Check the settings on your router to make sure nothing is being blocked, or turn off any antivirus or firewall software you may be running to see if you can connect. You could also try connecting your computer directly to your modem instead of the router (assuming they're separate devices) and see if Dropbox will connect.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?