cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox application support Windows 7?

Does Dropbox application support Windows 7?

algusev12
Explorer | Level 3

Does dropbox application support Windows 7?

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@algusev12 wrote:

Does dropbox application support Windows 7?

It's still listed in the list of system requirements, though I wouldn't expect it to be supported much longer. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 four years ago.

algusev12
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I have some folders on my PC. They are on different hard drives. I want them to be synced with online folders or backuped online. Can I do it with dropbox desktop applications.

regards,

alex

Rich
Super User II

@algusev12 wrote:

I have some folders on my PC. They are on different hard drives. I want them to be synced with online folders or backuped online.

Dropbox will only sync the files and folders located within the Dropbox folder on your computer. The backup feature will backup your computer (key folders within your user profile) or selected external drives. Neither feature can be used to sync or backup specific folders on different drives.

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
While Dropbox on its own will only sync folders located inside a Dropbox folder, there is a third-party application that seamlessly integrates with the Dropbox desktop application and extends its functionality in order to sync folders from different drives and even from network drives.

algusev12
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. Can you call this software or send a link?

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Sure, it’s called Boxifier.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Razvan Boxifier Collaborator | Level 10
    algusev12 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?