cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Natasha111
Explorer | Level 3
I have uninstalled the App & used an App cleaner to ensure that it has been completely removed as DropBox kept showing the following statement causing interruptions on other pages in use & crashing my IMac.
Turn on accessibility (Flashing on & off)

I have downloaded & installed Dropbox App again but the App still os not working as expected.

The Dropbox icon keeps flashing up & then disappearing on the top menu bar. When present if I click on the icon the folder I am expecting to see is available and the Dropbox reads that it is starting, then syncing & then disappears again.

When I launch Dropbox from the lower IMac dock it opens the folder but does not show the options that I previously had with send with transfer the only choice.
2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Natasha111, thanks for your post today.

Can you try performing a more advanced reinstall of the Dropbox application, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Natasha111
Explorer | Level 3

Had some great help from the dropbox team, running code in the terminal & reinstalling - seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Natasha111 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?