cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App won't open in macOS Monterey

Dropbox App won't open in macOS Monterey

cristinatercero
Explorer | Level 4

I have installed the Dropbox App in my macOS Monterey and it won't open. I have tried everything, from updating all software updates, to uninstalling and reainstalling the app. I have allowed Dropbox to Full Disk Access and Accessibility. What can I do to fix this problem?

13 Replies 13

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cristinatercero, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please check Emma's solution to this similar issue here in this thread, to see if it helps you as well?

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cristinatercero
Explorer | Level 4

I had "Early Releases" already turned off. I deleted the old app anyway, rebooted and still it doesn't work.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @cristinatercero - sorry to jump in here, but could you try the offline installer from this page directly and let us know how it goes?

Thanks so much!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cristinatercero
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for the reply. I installed the offline installer and still doesn't work. This same message pops up once I open the app.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 20.05.03.png

oliverharry12
New member | Level 2
If you have already updated all software and ensured Dropbox has the necessary access permissions, you can try these additional steps to fix the issue: Restart your macOS Monterey system and try opening Dropbox again. Check if any antivirus or security software is blocking Dropbox's access and temporarily disable it to see if that resolves the problem. Reach out to Dropbox support for further assistance and provide them with details about the issue and the steps you have already taken. Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the problem and allow you to open Dropbox successfully.

galtieroussel36
Explorer | Level 4

Hello everyone, 

I hope you can help me: I have been using the dropbox ap on my desktop since forever, 2015, it has always worked perfectly, without any problem on my three Macs. Since yesterday, the app I have on my main Apple (OSX Monterey 12.7.4) is no longer working. It simply won't start: when I click the icon on the menu bar I can see the black and blue circling around, the app won't start. I have tried dozens of times to delete the app, download it with no success. 

The day before it happened, I had resuscitated and old Apple machine where I used to have the dropbox app. I have deleted this computer from the ones where the app should be, no luck again. Can anyone help me please? I need the dropbox app for a few of my files. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer. My account is a basic free one. 

Thanks ever so much. 

Cristina 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @galtieroussel36, thanks for posting to the Dropbox Community.

Can you please hover over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar on the affected computer and let me know the sync status and version of the app?

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

galtieroussel36
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Hannah, thank you so much for your swift reply, this is very much appreciated. I have been using Dropbox in my small office for quite some years and it's disorienting not to be able to use it anymore. This morning the same thing happened on my other Appel (on Monterey as well). Here's the screenshot of what it gives when I hover the icon on the menu bar. 

thanks so much for any advise you could give me. 

Cristina

Capture d’écran 2024-03-28 à 11.32.25.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @galtieroussel36!

Just to confirm, if you go to your security page here, do you see that you currently have 3 devices connected to your account or more than 3?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    galtieroussel36 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?