cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords for Windows 10 desktop

Dropbox Passwords for Windows 10 desktop

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6

Hi there,

I have been using Dropbox Passwords for quite a while and up until this morning had it installed on a Windows 10 laptop, a Windows 10 desktop and my android phone.

Both my laptop and desktop used the same type of "app" that launched on startup, asked me to input a 6 digit PIN and kept active for 12 hours or as long as I used it. I could see a full list of all sites that I'd set up for passwords and I lived the way I could just search for the site, click on the "Open Website" icon and be taken direct to the login screen with all the id and password information populated and ready for me to login.

Now it seems this isn't working any more.............................

I made the mistake of uninstalling it on my desktop and it would appear that you are now being pushed to use a Chrome based extension which doesn't seem to work. Besides which, I cannot see a list of my sites that I've registered for. To me this is a huge loss.

I have it still installed on the laptop but despite the fact I can see all of the sites information on the laptop based app, when I open Chrome nothing is showing up prepopulated.

I don't know who decided to go down the Chrome extension route but it was a bloody awful decision and I really dislike the way this is (not) working. 

Am I missing something here? Have I missed an upgrade/update? If not, can we please get the old app features and functionality restored or I'm probably going to be looking for a solution with another vendor.

Thanks,

Dave

Update/Edit - I installed the Chrome extension on the laptop and it seems to be working okay now. What I am looking for help on is where/how can I get the desktop app for the laptop as I can't see anywhere obvious to download this from

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@wendivad wrote:

What I am looking for help on is where/how can I get the desktop app for the laptop as I can't see anywhere obvious to download this from

The Passwords desktop app is not currently available for download.

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6

Why not? As I said, I've been using it successfully and happily for a long while. This seems like a retrograde step to me as I already have it on my laptop. Chrome really sucks. Enough to make me want to find another password manager that is less trouble. Please reconsider this decision.

ClarityS
New member | Level 2

YES. I am going through this right now. It's successfully installed on my desktop and has been for some time. Now I need to use a laptop on a trip and cannot install anything other than an extension for Chrome. No!! This isn't what I want at all. I love the app that I can open on my computer to look up accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ClarityS New member | Level 2
    wendivad Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?