cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is not opening after installing Catalina

Re: Dropbox is not opening after installing Catalina

mscafidi33
Explorer | Level 3

hello Lusil, yep tried that - i am stuck at trying to uninstall dropbox, since it shows as "open" when i try to move it to the trash.  the app won't actually open when I try to exit and uninstall it through the app.  essentilay it shows as "open" regardless yet i cant even atcually open the app.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Have you checked your Activity Monitor (normally located under Applications > Utilities) to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing Dropbox from being removed from your device?

Let me know how it goes, @mscafidi33!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Not applicable

I just removed dropbox and will not be using it anymore or at least for a while on my MacBook Air (2019).

I have dropbox on iPhone and iPad and it's enough for what I need so NEVER MIND.

Please close the ticket for me as I won't need to get any further updates or reminders to revisit the community on this.

Many thanks.

dh

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous Not applicable
    Lusil Dropboxer
    mscafidi33 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?