cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps connecting on new MacOS Monterey with M1

Dropbox keeps connecting on new MacOS Monterey with M1

Chokobanana
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro with M1 processor. It's running the latest version of Monterey. I've never had problems with Dropbox connections before but on this freshly installed MacBook, it keeps connecting endlessly.

Dropbox is working. I have my files on the computer, BUT with the icon at the top bar is always greyed out. When I click it, it always says "Reconnecting to the internet". If I turn off my Wifi and turn it back on it connects and the icon turns white (as it should). After 10 or seconds it goes back to being grey again.

What may be causing this? Files don't get synced unless I turn on/off the Wifi. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the details, it sounds like something is resetting the connection for the connected apps, and it might be OS or related to another app that monitors network traffic.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Chokobanana, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Is there a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Chokobanana
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for the reply! 

No I'm not using a VPN. My company has installed "Umbrella roaming client" but it was installed on my previous MacBook as well and Dropbox worked just fine then. I also have Google Drive installed and I noticed that it behaves the same. The very same second that the Dropbox icon becomes greyed-out and starts "Connecting...", Google Drive does the same. So it's not a Dropbox issue (which I originally thought).

I'm working from home so I tried restarting my router without success. I also tried connecting the Wifi through my iPhone (in case it was a provider problem) but both Dropbox and Google Drive disconnect after 10 or so seconds. I also tried turning off Wifi and using a LAN cable without success.

I'm not sure what the issue may be but Catalina worked perfectly. Probably something in Monterey (using 12.4).

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the details, it sounds like something is resetting the connection for the connected apps, and it might be OS or related to another app that monitors network traffic.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Chokobanana
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I contacted our IT department and they confirmed there is a problem with the software they installed. Both Cisco Endpoint Connector and Umbrella Roaming Client had to be updated to newer versions. Now everything is working as it should.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear you were able to locate and resolve the issue!

If you need any further assistance in future, please let me know. Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Chokobanana Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?