cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not installed on Windows 7

Dropbox not installed on Windows 7

Dropik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Dropbox won't install. Help solve the problem.

Waiting for your reply Dropik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dropik wrote:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Dropbox won't install. Help solve the problem.

Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The minimum requirement is now Windows 8 or higher.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dropik wrote:

Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The minimum requirement is now Windows 8 or higher.

Dropik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox worked for me a day ago. Since the beginning of 2022 he has also worked. Why he suddenly stopped breathing on Windows 7? I don't want to change the operating system because it works great. Is there a way to get dropbox working on Windows 7?

Dropik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Dropbox has always worked well on it. But after yesterday's reinstallation of Windows 7 the Dropbox is not installed. How do I install Dropbox on Windows 7?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dropik wrote:

How do I install Dropbox on Windows 7?

As stated above, Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The installer will no longer work on a Windows 7 computer. Microsoft dropped support of Windows 7 two years ago.

Dropik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

But I didn't understand what meant "Synchronization on the server witn no interactive session". If you mean that a text file can be opened and edited online, then this does not work, because the server requires I to download this file.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dropik wrote:

But I didn't understand what meant "Synchronization on the server witn no interactive session". If you mean that a text file can be opened and edited online, then this does not work, because the server requires I to download this file.

You previously posted on an unrelated topic. I moved your reply to your original topic to avoid confusion. The "no interactive session" is unrelated to your question.

Jag_man653
Explorer | Level 4

It's even worse. You probably wont be able to install Windows 10 or 11 on your computer. I set out to upgrade my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10, but was advised to go for Windows 11. So I bought the Windows 11 USP stick. Worked with Microsoft support for 2 weeks but it wouldn't install. It just says my machine isn't capable of running it! I sent it back to MS for refund.

Jag_man653
Explorer | Level 4

I have a home brew PC with an ASUS M2N-E motherboard & AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor circa 2008 that runs Windows 7. I have used it only occasionally since I built a new computer in 2019, running Windows 10.

My problem is that I'm a long-time Dropbox user and now it won't work with Windows 7 and I wasn't able to install Windows 11 on that machine. My guess is Windows 10 wouldn't install either. So I'm stuck with Windows 7. 

The main problem is getting at my password safe, which is in Dropbox, when I'm using the Windows 7 machine.

Any ideas?

Rich
Super User II

@Jag_man653 wrote:

Worked with Microsoft support for 2 weeks but it wouldn't install. It just says my machine isn't capable of running it! I sent it back to MS for refund.

Windows 11 requires that your computer have Trusted Platform Module 2.0 support (though there are ways to install without it). Windows 10 didn't have this requirement and would likely install just fine for you. Most computers that ran 7 could run 10.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jag_man653 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    NateDawg325 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?