cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not installed on Windows 7

Dropbox not installed on Windows 7

Dropik
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Dropbox won't install. Help solve the problem.

Waiting for your reply Dropik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox not installed

Rich
Super User II

@Dropik wrote:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Dropbox won't install. Help solve the problem.

Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The minimum requirement is now Windows 8 or higher.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@Dropik wrote:

Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The minimum requirement is now Windows 8 or higher.

Dropik
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox worked for me a day ago. Since the beginning of 2022 he has also worked. Why he suddenly stopped breathing on Windows 7? I don't want to change the operating system because it works great. Is there a way to get dropbox working on Windows 7?

Re: Synchronization on the server witn no interactive session.

Dropik
Explorer | Level 3

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Dropbox has always worked well on it. But after yesterday's reinstallation of Windows 7 the Dropbox is not installed. How do I install Dropbox on Windows 7?

Rich
Super User II

@Dropik wrote:

How do I install Dropbox on Windows 7?

As stated above, Dropbox no longer supports Windows 7. The installer will no longer work on a Windows 7 computer. Microsoft dropped support of Windows 7 two years ago.

Dropik
Explorer | Level 3

But I didn't understand what meant "Synchronization on the server witn no interactive session". If you mean that a text file can be opened and edited online, then this does not work, because the server requires I to download this file.

Rich
Super User II

@Dropik wrote:

But I didn't understand what meant "Synchronization on the server witn no interactive session". If you mean that a text file can be opened and edited online, then this does not work, because the server requires I to download this file.

You previously posted on an unrelated topic. I moved your reply to your original topic to avoid confusion. The "no interactive session" is unrelated to your question.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Dropik Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?