cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on 2 drives. How to proceed?

Dropbox on 2 drives. How to proceed?

Paula621
Explorer | Level 3

I followed the steps to move dropbox from my C drive to my D drive. Both are internal drives. My C drive is maxed out. The Dropbox file is Located on BOTH drives. I don't want to delete anything until I get feedback.

4 Replies 4

Paula621
Explorer | Level 3

UPDATE: I followed the steps to uninstall the dropbox app. However, the files remain (21.GB) of space on both the C drive and the D drive. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Paula621, let's jump right into this! 

Even if you uninstall the app, the Dropbox folder and its content will remain inside your device, unless you choose to delete them. 

Now, what I'd suggest is that you install the app, and then check its preferences

Specifically, if you check your Sync tab, that'll give you the path of your Dropbox folder. If the folder is located inside your C drive, you can delete the one of the D drive, or the other way around. 

Keep me posted on the results!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Paula621
Explorer | Level 3

I apologize for the delay in my response. There is no room left on the C drive to install the app to check the preferences. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Paula621, when reinstalling the Dropbox app again and logging in, there should be an “Advanced settings” link (right before you choose to create a Dropbox folder). 

Please click there, and choose your D drive. For example, if you have your Dropbox folder in the path "D:\OtherDrive\Folder\Dropbox" you'll want to select the folder "D:\OtherDrive\Folder".

Hope this helps!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Paula621 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?