cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Viewer error: CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or prop

Event Viewer error: CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or prop

Jimbo_Simon
Helpful | Level 5

Jimbo_Simon_0-1708040406425.png

Everyday when booting up I get 5-7 dropbox errors above in Event Viewer. 

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

Bbx version 192.1.4605

OS  Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Version      10.0.22631 Build 22631

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 63.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 128 GB
Available Virtual Memory 108 GB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jimbo_Simon
Helpful | Level 5

I am a part of a 3 person company using Business dropbox, 5TB box.. I accept your explanation. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jimbo_Simon, welcome to our Community! 

When did this start happening to your Windows device?

Also, is your Dropbox app affected in any way, or does it work without an issue? Feel free to let me know the app's current syncing status

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jimbo_Simon
Helpful | Level 5

I see it as far back as 2/7/23. That's as far as my event viewer log goes. Dropbox is not always available when I boot up. No Syncing problems on my end, but 1 other user seems to have syncing stall every few days. But that is always cleared up by rebooting.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jimbo_Simon, the file dbxsvc.exe is a component that we use as part of the Dropbox Sync Experience. Should you not be a team user, or not sync online-only files, then this file will never start operating. It is, however, created at install for all users regardless of whether you are opted in.

Please note that the issue you are experiencing is technically the volume of times it is writing to the error log, rather than any issue indicated by the process's presence in that error log. In short, due to the way Microsoft categorizes something as report-worthy, we would expect the process to be mentioned in that log 3 times every 24 hours. We want to reassure you that everything is working properly and that doesn't indicate a fault.

With that in mind, we understand that you may not wish to see this behavior and apologize if these entries were concerning to you. We would not recommend attempting to disable dbxsvc.exe. Please note that updating the desktop application or re-installing it will also attempt to re-add this process.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jimbo_Simon
Helpful | Level 5

I am a part of a 3 person company using Business dropbox, 5TB box.. I accept your explanation. Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jimbo_Simon Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?